Laundry Packages

Papadog

@Papadog

Remember that the bag is only paper so be careful when you fill it.   Some advice; roll the clothes as tightly as possible to make as small as possible and get someone to help you fill the bag so tthey don't unroll.   You will get lots mor in that way.

• Like 1

Two questions:

1. Are these offered on shorter cruises than transatlantic? (We'll be on a 7-day)

2. Can you request more than one bag? My family could probably fit two bags, and it would be worth $60 to me.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, rbxlady said:

1. Are these offered on shorter cruises than transatlantic? (We'll be on a 7-day)

2. Can you request more than one bag? My family could probably fit two bags, and it would be worth $60 to me.

Of course, even on 4 or 5 nighters. Just ask & alert your steward ahead so s/he can bring it down early (by 9 am) and get it back sooner.  And, you can do 2 or 3 bags, 4 if you like. 

We lined ours with Marriott's plastic laundry bags to prevent breakage and to stuff it as full as possible by rolling them as inserts, roll tightly and squeeze to fit them in.  Our 2 bags came back smelling fresh, cleaned & neatly folded in 2vwicker baskets. 

PXL_20220514_024057699.jpg

• Like 2

Since it looks like NCL now uses smaller bags, I’m wondering how much you can actually fit in a bag?  For cruises who are bigger than average, a pair of shorts might take up a lot of space.  Anyone who has used the new smaller bags how much could you fit in?

You can fit a lot, just roll everything into tight cylinders and stuff them in. I'd say at least 4-5 days of clothes could fit in one bag - including undergarments, socks, shorts and tees. If you have platinum latitudes you get a free bag per cruise. Gold gets one bag at 50% off. And if you're staying in a club balcony room you get a free bag. Plus they do the fixed price deal a few days into longer cruises. And honestly the "regular" prices are not that high, especially if you have some on board credits to burn. It's definitely worth it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Of course, even on 4 or 5 nighters. Just ask & alert your steward ahead so s/he can bring it down early (by 9 am) and get it back sooner.  And, you can do 2 or 3 bags, 4 if you like. 

We lined ours with Marriott's plastic laundry bags to prevent breakage and to stuff it as full as possible by rolling them as inserts, roll tightly and squeeze to fit them in.  Our 2 bags came back smelling fresh, cleaned & neatly folded in 2vwicker baskets. 

17 hours ago, dohboy43 said:

You can fit a lot, just roll everything into tight cylinders and stuff them in. I'd say at least 4-5 days of clothes could fit in one bag - including undergarments, socks, shorts and tees. If you have platinum latitudes you get a free bag per cruise. Gold gets one bag at 50% off. And if you're staying in a club balcony room you get a free bag. Plus they do the fixed price deal a few days into longer cruises. And honestly the "regular" prices are not that high, especially if you have some on board credits to burn. It's definitely worth it.

Thanks to both of you! I appreciate the comment about club balcony rooms, as that's what we have booked, so if we do indeed get one bag free, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Well worth the money, IMHO. I also appreciate the tip about plastic bags-- I'll be sure to grab the plastic bag from the hotel the night before embarkation. I have a few Hilton stays before our trip, so maybe I'll ask for extras from the front desk, since they're nice and sturdy.

Thanks again-- there's so much I learn from experienced cruisers that NCL doesn't tell you! (It's our first time on NCL and our first time cruising with kids, plus it's been 12 years since we last cruised, so there's a bit of a learning curve for us.)

• Like 1