Booked on 2 separate bookings?

If a pax 1 is booked as a twin with pax 2 ; but then each person now wants to have their own room…. It’s too expensive to reprice the existing booking as a solo for pax 2 ….. so would it work if pax 1 was still on the twin booking ( and would be a no show for that reservation) and also booked under a separate reservation # and turns up?? 

Hope that makes sense! 
With the likelihood of 2 people on the ship having the same name would they even realise it was the same person? 
Pax 2 is happy to pay the full balance for the existing booking ( and will get the t&f back when pax 1 is a no show) 

@Ourusualbeach one for you I hope! 

Edited by little britain

32 minutes ago, little britain said:

If a pax 1 is booked as a twin with pax 2 ; but then each person now wants to have their own room…. It’s too expensive to reprice the existing booking as a solo for pax 2 ….. so would it work if pax 1 was still on the twin booking ( and would be a no show for that reservation) and also booked under a separate reservation # and turns up?? 

Hope that makes sense! 
With the likelihood of 2 people on the ship having the same name would they even realise it was the same person? 
Pax 2 is happy to pay the full balance for the existing booking ( and will get the t&f back when pax 1 is a no show) 

@Ourusualbeach one for you I hope! 

In my experience changing from a double occupancy to a single will not change the price unless you are changing cabin categories.  The only adjustment to the price would be the amount of the taxes and fees for the second guest 

What Ellen suggested also works, just change the name of the second guest and have them be a no show.

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

Pax 1 is the person who has 340 points so can get the cheaper new cabin…can they swap pax 1&2 around ?

I don't think it matters if he/she is passenger 1 or 3 does it Ken? @Ourusualbeach If the person with 340 is the one who sails they will get the points

Edited by molly361