Pre-cruise diet

georgiaguy

51 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Can someone explain intermittent fasting?  10 tp 6?  How many days per week?  Thanks.

There are a few variations, one that is recommended is 18:6.  You can google it. Basically you eat within a 6 hour window, and don't eat for 18. My eating window is between noon and 6pm. I don't do this every day and I don't follow it exactly, but this is what I aim for. 

11 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

I meant this thread more for fun but I should also mention, I am getting older and don’t have the body of a 20 yr old any more but I am happy with my body in general. If fact I ran a half marathon in under 2 hours just a few months ago partly training for it to keep in better shape. Now I just want to make sure I make room for all the delicious food and drink, because for me that makes life worth living.

Best thing about ageing! Accepting what you've got and being happy! Plus all the styles right now (for women anyway) are loose dresses that can easily accommodate seconds and thirds  😎

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

I always try not to gain weight on cruises.   So far, it works.  Here is my plan:

1) Limit alcoholic beverages to happy hour and dinner.  Also, stick to wine, no umbrella drinks loaded with sugar,

2)Lunches, stick with the salad bar or light food low in carbs and of course no sugar (no ice cream).

3)Exercise, either in the fitness center for at least 30 minutes a day or do a lengthy walk around the ship on upper deck.

4) Only one dessert a day (at dinner), 

We pretty much do this too - usually gain about 1lb a week on a cruise which drops right off when we get home and go back to normal eating, remember anything you gain fast will usually come off fast if you are disciplined when you get back. Also knowing we have a trip coming up is a great incentive not to put weight on - I like to be a couple of pounds under my normal weight before I board.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Just a quick reply to this subject.

My last 2 cruises I dieted just to gain back after cruise.

To my surprise I ate like a pig and did not gain but lost a few pounds, lol.

This is the definition of winning!