Bringing Soda on board still allowed?

jlwilliams4

Hey everyone, I have cruised for a while but it's been a couple years because of covid and I've heard there are a lot of changes. Does anyone know if Carnival is still allowing passengers to carry a 12 pack of soda on board? 

"On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less, per person."

https://www.carnival.com/help

Just now, mz-s said:

"On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less, per person."

https://www.carnival.com/help

Thank you! Thats exactly what I was hoping for! We don't drink enough soda to make the beverage package worth it! 

On 5/30/2022 at 10:28 PM, Bgwest said:

Remember, no plastic bottles. Cans/cartons only. Last cruise I brought aboard 2 -12 packs of coke without an issue. 

Thank you for that insight! I was planning on cans but good to know in case of a last minute change.

I saw people carting multiple 12-packs of soda in Seattle last week. It certainly looked like a hassle managing it through lines, through x-ray, up escalators. Personally, I just stop at a store in each port and buy a bottle of coke zero, since I enjoy the mixes of guava and orange juices on board, as well as the hot chocolate machines (especially combined with coffee). I was surprised to see that a bottle of wine is allowed, but I ended up riding an electric bike to the pier in Seattle and didn't want to risk breaking a bottle of wine in my backpack. 

I wish I had brought my own soft drinks - on an 8 day cruise last month they ran out of Pepsi on the third day! I prefer Coke anyway but now it's just Pepsi. I used to roll my eyes when I'd see people carry 12 packs onto the ship but now I may be one of those people.

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

People really do that, do they?

Yes, they do. Some people think being frugal or not wanting to spend money on an overpriced soda package is a character flaw...

Personally, I don't like the flavor of postmix soda at the bars. Cans are more consistent.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

Yes, they do. Some people think being frugal or not wanting to spend money on an overpriced soda package is a character flaw...

Personally, I don't like the flavor of postmix soda at the bars. Cans are more consistent.

It’s the eye rolling I was inquiring about. 

37 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

I'm an accountant.  We're some of the most frugal people you'll ever meet, but as a whole, we're some of the wealthiest.  There's a reason for that :). I'm not going to pay $3.50 for a can of soda on board, when my local grocery store sells a 12-pack for the same price.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
9 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

It’s the eye rolling I was inquiring about. 

Oh yea, it's a fad with the uppity 😁   See the source image

On 6/2/2022 at 6:40 PM, rj59 said:

I was surprised to see that a bottle of wine is allowed, but I ended up riding an electric bike to the pier in Seattle and didn't want to risk breaking a bottle of wine in my backpack. 

You rode an electric bile to Pier 91?  Sounds like there is a story there.  ;  )