Aquarium on your own

Montanagirlalways

6 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

Has anyone  been to the aquarium on there own. I just read where you can get a bus in Hamilton to go there. 

You can take the #10 or #11 bus from Hamilton or you could also take the same bus routes from St. George.  That means you could do a multi stop trip with a bus pass. For example add Swizzle Inn and or Caves. I suggest that because the Aquarium/Zoo is small. You might not spend as much time as you think. The Aquarium is in Flatts Village which is picturesque and there are some shops and restaurants. 

Just now, Charles4515 said:

You can take the #10 or #11 bus from Hamilton or you could also take the same bus routes from St. George.  That means you could do a multi stop trip with a bus pass. For example add Swizzle Inn and or Caves. I suggest that because the Aquarium/Zoo is small. You might not spend as much time as you think. The Aquarium is in Flatts Village which is picturesque and there are some shops and restaurants. 

Thank you!. The caves sound interesting but lots of steps. Not that I couldn't but not sure I want to. I will make note of your suggestions. thank you

We did our aquarium trip the day we went to St. George. We took the ferry to St. George, explored around, then took the bus back toward Hamilton. It stopped right at BAMZ. It was very easy. We then hopped back on the bus, then picked up the ferry back to Dockyard in Hamilton.

• Like 1

We took a tour last week that included the BAMZ, but did not have enough time there.  We would like to go back and see the Museum and read the info in the Aquarium. Is there a bus from King's Wharf that would take us there? Thinking of going from KW and then to St. George's , possibly taking ferry back. Will a pass cover this?

On 5/31/2022 at 3:09 PM, Montanagirlalways said:

Thank you!. The caves sound interesting but lots of steps. Not that I couldn't but not sure I want to. I will make note of your suggestions. thank you

The cave tour was part of our excursion, and we loved it. An overly big deal was made of the step, IMO. Jerry and I stair walk for exercise, and work out regularly, but there were some older folks in our group that were not athletic and did not have a problem. No one rushes you. The caves are worth seeing. Entrance fee is $24, which includes 30 minute tour.

1 hour ago, joyandjerry said:

We took a tour last week that included the BAMZ, but did not have enough time there.  We would like to go back and see the Museum and read the info in the Aquarium. Is there a bus from King's Wharf that would take us there? Thinking of going from KW and then to St. George's , possibly taking ferry back. Will a pass cover this?

There's no direct bus service from the Dockyard to BAMZ. You can take a #7 or 8 bus from Dockyard to Hamilton (a 1 hour ride) and then transfer to the #10 or 11 bus. This would be the most time consuming route.

Or you can take the Blue Route ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton, walk to the Hamilton bus terminal, and take the #10 or 11 bus. This is the quickest route.

Or you can take the Orange Route ferry from dockyard to St. George and the take the #10 or 11 bus to BAMZ. (If you were on NCL you could take their free ferry from Dockyard to St. George rather than the public ferry.)

Transportation passes, ticket books and tokens are good on every public bus and ferry.

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

There's no direct bus service from the Dockyard to BAMZ. You can take a #7 or 8 bus from Dockyard to Hamilton (a 1 hour ride) and then transfer to the #10 or 11 bus. This would be the most time consuming route.

Or you can take the Blue Route ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton, walk to the Hamilton bus terminal, and take the #10 or 11 bus. This is the quickest route.

Or you can take the Orange Route ferry from dockyard to St. George and the take the #10 or 11 bus to BAMZ. (If you were on NCL you could take their free ferry from Dockyard to St. George rather than the public ferry.)

Transportation passes, ticket books and tokens are good on every public bus and ferry.

Thanks so much for the info! We are going in September. Would a taxi from KW be doable or too expensive? I know it would be more, but it might save more time.

17 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Thanks so much for the info! We are going in September. Would a taxi from KW be doable or too expensive? I know it would be more, but it might save more time.

A taxi would be expensive. About $55 in each direction Monday through Saturday for 1 to 4 passengers. 

• Like 1

One additional possibility. Take the ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi from Hamilton to BAMZ. Timewise it actually wouldn't take much longer than taking a taxi all the way from Dockyard to BAMZ because the ferry takes a very direct route to Hamilton . If look look at a map of Bermuda you'll see what I mean.

A taxi from Hamilton to BAMZ should cost about $20 . 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

One additional possibility. Take the ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi from Hamilton to BAMZ. Timewise it actually wouldn't take much longer than taking a taxi all the way from Dockyard to BAMZ because the ferry takes a very direct route to Hamilton . If look look at a map of Bermuda you'll see what I mean.

A taxi from Hamilton to BAMZ should cost about $20 . 

Great minds think alike, as I actually thought of that, too! Looking at the map, I also thought of first taking the ferry to St. George, looking about the area in the AM, and taking the #10 or 11 to BAMZ. It would be similar to this post:

On 5/31/2022 at 3:51 PM, cyntil8ing said:

We did our aquarium trip the day we went to St. George. We took the ferry to St. George, explored around, then took the bus back toward Hamilton. It stopped right at BAMZ. It was very easy. We then hopped back on the bus, then picked up the ferry back to Dockyard in Hamilton.

Too bad RCCL doesn't have a free ferry to St. George! Oh, and from what I can see, one cannot get a transport pass at KW? Thanks ever so much for your help and time.

Edited by joyandjerry
add info
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Great minds think alike, as I actually thought of that, too! Looking at the map, I also thought of first taking the ferry to St. George, looking about the area in the AM, and taking the #10 or 11 to BAMZ. It would be similar to this post:

Too bad RCCL doesn't have a free ferry to St. George! Oh, and from what I can see, one cannot get a transport pass at KW? Thanks ever so much for your help and time.

They have always sold the two day transportation passes at the Dockyard. I suspect they still do. 

Thanks, I didn't know, and was interested in a one day pass.

They have sold the one day passes but I don't know if there have been any change there. At one time they sold the 3 day pass too but they stopped.