Live Review NCL Dawn British Isles One Way to Amsterdam 6/3/2022-6/12/2022. Lots of Pictures!

BennyBrun

1300 pax is good plenty of room to spread out and should be easy to get dinner reservations on the day.

1200 on getaway our last one great to have te space.

Not sure why low numbers  as these were well priced and free flights in the UK

base price in March for this one was £635.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

1300 pax is good plenty of room to spread out and should be easy to get dinner reservations on the day.

1200 on getaway our last one great to have te space.

Not sure why low numbers  as these were well priced and free flights in the UK

base price in March for this one was £635.

I was surprised with the low guest count.  No reservations needed for the shows and it’s like walk up to dinner except Bamboo last night which was a little busy.

Loving your live review!  Back to the MDR menu you posted above, what is the picture of for your entree?  Seems to be some kind of crusted item - was it fish?

What is there to do in Portland?  You showed Cobh and some photos of Portland but maybe I missed what you ended up doing there?

Too bad about the singer going "solo". On Escape we had a good singer who did 2 shows, both with with show band.  It really made it a full production and the band even had little solos.  Singer said he gave them the music that afternoon and had one short rehearsal.  Pulled off a great show!

@insidecabin, 1200 on Getaway?  Wow.  That must have felt like a private yacht!  Were you on the April TA or a cruise after that?  Loved Syd Norman's on Breakaway so assume you hit that venue on Getaway. The June return crossing (after just going from NY to Southampton end of April) must have very few pax?  Probably a very good deal.  Always enjoy reading your input!  *Regards to Nina!

Day 3

Cork 

Traffic on the way to Cork …  This 30 minute ride is turning into 60 minutes and counting… I did see a family of 4 join the ship at Cobh because their flight was canceled.  They got on this morning around 11am and came to the theater to get on an excursion.  Nothing can deter the Phillies

3390105A-5557-45F4-B6DC-FBA085B7E6CC.jpeg

89C9AB80-8FA7-4725-B351-B3D07407A8E2.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snorklinbarb said:

Loving your live review!  Back to the MDR menu you posted above, what is the picture of for your entree?  Seems to be some kind of crusted item - was it fish?

What is there to do in Portland?  You showed Cobh and some photos of Portland but maybe I missed what you ended up doing there?

Too bad about the singer going "solo". On Escape we had a good singer who did 2 shows, both with with show band.  It really made it a full production and the band even had little solos.  Singer said he gave them the music that afternoon and had one short rehearsal.  Pulled off a great show!

@insidecabin, 1200 on Getaway?  Wow.  That must have felt like a private yacht!  Were you on the April TA or a cruise after that?  Loved Syd Norman's on Breakaway so assume you hit that venue on Getaway. The June return crossing (after just going from NY to Southampton end of April) must have very few pax?  Probably a very good deal.  Always enjoy reading your input!  *Regards to Nina!

Thank you so much.  On Day 2 MDR I had the Hake ( mild white fish very firm) and a Parmesan Cheese crusted pork chop and chicken with bacon as my entrees.  The pork chop was the best the fish not so much but still ate it!

Day 2 is all Portland England.  There is nothing to do outside the terminal so they offered a complimentary shuttle to town to explore.  I did not get a chance to do that as I went on the excursion to Bath (highly recommended).

Day 3 is Cobh and I am on an excursion to Cork to explore on my own but currently stuck in traffic!  Blarney Castle was the other choice but I decided against that as the drive was going to be long and will feel very rushed.

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

Nina says Hi, we are both in the pub.

It was a Baltic out of Copenhagen, we added a night at each end, giveaway prices in the UK, we did Getaway end Nov Athens-Rome also around 1200pax

Loving these low capacity cruises the getaway TA back should be empty as well we have something else booked and US flights a bit pricey.

The new Syd cast were good but preferred the last lot.

Not all guest entertainment is getting big support 

Service level high we did O'Sheehan's breakfast a few times, min 3 people serving each occupied table and time to chat.

Portland is a nice seaside town they push Salisbury but that can be done from Southampton.

Cobh the train is just out side the cruise Terminal ~€7 return 25mins

https://www.irishrail.ie/en-ie/rail-fares-and-tickets/fares-info/cork-cobh-midleton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1