Current Passenger Counts on Seashore

AACJ

Someone started a thread on passenger counts on the Davina, so I thought I'd start one on the Seashore for our upcoming cruise.  

What kind of passenger counts are you experiencing on the Seashore?

We were on Seashore last week. We were told it was about 70% capacity.  Expect that this numbers will increase over time and demand returns. Most Covid related protocols on board dropped. I think if your looking for empty ship in June you may be disappointed.

With that I will add, we were in the Yacht club and did not fill completely full as there were plenty of chairs in the pool deck. Only time it felt busy was at Ocean Cay House for lunch and sea days at the pool buffet. Usually cleared out fairly quick after 1pm. Hope that helps!

19 hours ago, WirelessRoute said:

We were on Seashore last week. We were told it was about 70% capacity.  Expect that this numbers will increase over time and demand returns. Most Covid related protocols on board dropped. I think if your looking for empty ship in June you may be disappointed.

With that I will add, we were in the Yacht club and did not fill completely full as there were plenty of chairs in the pool deck. Only time it felt busy was at Ocean Cay House for lunch and sea days at the pool buffet. Usually cleared out fairly quick after 1pm. Hope that helps!

We sailed September on two ships with four stops at OC.  Ocean House was full at lunchtime even with reduced numbers.  I was thinking how is it at full capacity?

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

We sailed September on two ships with four stops at OC.  Ocean House was full at lunchtime even with reduced numbers.  I was thinking how is it at full capacity?

I think that even if the ships over the past year have had reduced capacities the YC are always fairly full.   

Ma

16 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

I think that even if the ships over the past year have had reduced capacities the YC are always fairly full.   

Maybe recent cruisers can comment on that and it seems more full based on recent reviews but when we sailed it was reduced capacity in YC compared to prior sailings and OH was full.  Now we have even bigger ships going there with the biggest YC so it is going to be overwhelmed.  There has not been much discussions about this since OC delayed forever and only opened from Nov 2019 until early March 2020 and since restart limited capacity.

End of the day, we are going to start hearing reports when ships are full in YC about many people waiting for seats.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Ma

Maybe recent cruisers can comment on that and it seems more full based on recent reviews but when we sailed it was reduced capacity in YC compared to prior sailings and OH was full.  Now we have even bigger ships going there with the biggest YC so it is going to be overwhelmed.  There has not been much discussions about this since OC delayed forever and only opened from Nov 2019 until early March 2020 and since restart limited capacity.

End of the day, we are going to start hearing reports when ships are full in YC about many people waiting for seats.

I am due to leave on the Seashore next week so I will let you know how OC is and the YC Ocean House wait is compared to December.  This is all provided I pass my Covid test.  I can not fully get excited until I get that negative test as all current cruisers can relate.  

38 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

I am due to leave on the Seashore next week so I will let you know how OC is and the YC Ocean House wait is compared to December.  This is all provided I pass my Covid test.  I can not fully get excited until I get that negative test as all current cruisers can relate.  

Hope it's not too bad!  We were there in Feb and March, and when it wasn't raining, the setup of the tables in the area between the Ocean House and the catering building really served to ease any waiting time in the noon to 1:00 rush. 

46 minutes ago, bluetickcoonhound said:

We are on Seashore now.  I was told by 3 different staff that there is only approximately 2400 guests aboard this week.

We are on Seashore in 3 weeks. Fingers crossed that the capacity stays reduced...

4 hours ago, bluetickcoonhound said:

We are on Seashore now.  I was told by 3 different staff that there is only approximately 2400 guests aboard this week.

To be so lucky when we cruise in July.  But, YC won’t be so bad.

9 hours ago, bluetickcoonhound said:

Did you dock in Miami this evening Friday night to avoid the storm?

On 6/3/2022 at 4:05 AM, Paphillyguy said:

Please post back. We board the cruise after yours on June 18th.  Have a great cruise.

On 6/3/2022 at 9:05 AM, Paphillyguy said:

Thanks.  Have a great time.  Yes, that stinks having to take test.  We thought once we passes our tests last September all was good only to be let down by AA flying in day before.  We made it happen.

11 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Anyone know the masking policy on the Seashore?  We sail July 9th and just curious what the current policy is.

I found this on their website.  

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR CRUISES TO THE BAHAMAS & CARIBBEAN

For ships departing from U.S. ports, wearing masks and social distancing onboard are optional for fully vaccinated guests and recommended but not required for unvaccinated children.
Masks are optional unless required by local regulation in our terminals. Guests must follow all local mask regulations at public ports of call. Protocols are subject to change.

14 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

YC?

No, we can't justify spending the extra money.  We've been on a cruise every year since 2013, even from the beginning of the pandemic, I think they shut down the industry two weeks after our cruise ended in 2020.