Antigen testing in Quebec City

1 hour ago, northernphoenix said:

We are having a pre cruise vacation in Quebec City over Labour Day.  HAL requires a negative antigen test within three days of departure.  I have been searching for a possible site for this test.  Has anyone a recommendation?  TIA!

I can't help you with Quebec City testing sites, but you should take a close look a Holland America's testing requirements. Based on my reading of their protocols (which are consistent with those of many cruise lines)an antigen test needs to be taken within two days of embarkation . A PCR test can be taken within three days of embarkation .

Edited by njhorseman

8 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I can't help you with Quebec City testing sites, but you should take a close look a Holland America's testing requirements. Based on my reading of their protocols at file:///C:/Users/gaiti/Downloads/0531-alaska-canada-health-protocols.pdf an antigen test needs to be taken within two days of embarkation . A PCR test can be taken within three days of embarkation .

Thanks for the reminder…i have heard of virtual testing, but would prefer an onsite testing.  We depart on Wednesday, so Monday or Tuesday would be the possible days to test.  I have googled an antigen testing in QC with no luck.

Edited by northernphoenix
Spelling

16 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

Thanks for the reminder…i have heard of virtual testing, but would prefer an onsite testing.  We depart on Wednesday, so Monday or Tuesday would be the possible days to test.  I have googled an antigen testing in QC with no luck.

Instead of Shopper's Drug Mart, try Pharmaprix....

Screenshot_20220602-141410_Chrome.jpg

Montrealer here. Lots of pharmacies offer testing, including the aforementioned Pharmaprixs (Shopper Drug Marts in the rest of Canada), but other pharmacy chains do as well.  Look for names like Jean Coutu, Familiprix, Uniprix.  There is a very useful Quebec government website

https://portal3.clicsante.ca/

that allows you to enter the desired medical service you are looking for (in this case "COVID Antigen Screening - No Symptoms), enter a postal code, then it will list out all the nearby locations offering the service. We most recently used it a few days ago to book our pre-trip tests for our upcoming Bermuda trip. The only caution I would note is that not all pharmacies and testing sites offer appointments EXACTLY on the day you may need one, so shop around.  A quick Google Maps search showed many pharmacies very near the Quebec City cruise terminal at Quai 30.  Good luck

On 6/3/2022 at 7:12 AM, lx200gps said:

Montrealer here. Lots of pharmacies offer testing, including the aforementioned Pharmaprixs (Shopper Drug Marts in the rest of Canada), but other pharmacy chains do as well.  Look for names like Jean Coutu, Familiprix, Uniprix.  There is a very useful Quebec government website

that allows you to enter the desired medical service you are looking for (in this case "COVID Antigen Screening - No Symptoms), enter a postal code, then it will list out all the nearby locations offering the service. We most recently used it a few days ago to book our pre-trip tests for our upcoming Bermuda trip. The only caution I would note is that not all pharmacies and testing sites offer appointments EXACTLY on the day you may need one, so shop around.  A quick Google Maps search showed many pharmacies very near the Quebec City cruise terminal at Quai 30.  Good luck

On 6/3/2022 at 7:12 AM, lx200gps said:

34 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

I have found a pharmacy 2km from our hotel.  Hoping that it is open for the testing on Labour Day.  If not the testing will have to be on Tuesday with a Wednesday departure.  This should fall within the 48 hour window.

Best of luck with it. I do notice that when looking at openings via the ClicSante site, they typically only show availability maybe a month out, pretty much the same as our SDM/Pharmaprix here. You'll have to check back regularly to see whether any early September slots show up, probably in late July or early August.  I've also noticed, when I was searching for available slots, that the ClicSante site usually updates and adds openings very early in the month; our local Pharmaprix added a ton of slots to their calendar for June, just a few days ago.

If you're flying in, there's a test site at the airport, though it's not cheap