Booking 2 rooms

Right now there is no priority boarding for Platinum.  I might be mistaken, but if you book both rooms, then you should be able to do the online check in for both of them at the 16 day mark (vs. 14 for everyone else).  Boarding groups are assigned based on arrival appointments.  As with everything else, this is subject to change 🙂 

Yes, I would put him on the other room.  We are not platinum, but usually get at least one suite. On my last cruise, my husband and 1 kid were in the suite and I and the other kid were registered in an inside room.  We all did priority debark together and no one said anything. (We had a 10 am flight so were trying to get off the ship asap.)  I have been on 4 cruises since the shut down and there was NO priority embark (for suites or Platinum) at any for the ports except for PC (for the Mardi Gras) where we got to wait in a separate area just prior to boarding. but we still went through the same line before getting to the waiting area.  In the past, there was usually a separate line for suites/platinum/diamond, etc.  but that has not been the case for ANY of our cruises thus far. Only thing we have been allowed to do was check in 2 days early...although, usually we can still get either the earliest or second to the earliest check in time simply by logging in the night before at midnight eastern time. 

I also have not noticed any "priority" for suites or platinum/diamond for getting off the ship which I find quite annoying because we used to like to use that to be able to book our own excursions. We had chartered our own private fishing excursion (and paid a ton for it!) in Ketchikan Alaska and the line to to get off the boat was insanely long...which, in turn, cut into our fishing time considerably since we were only in port for about 4-5 hours. 

55 minutes ago, parachutes63 said:

I am going to book 2 rooms for a cruise. If I am platinum, will everyone from both rooms be allowed to board with me? Or should I put my wifes vifp number on the second room so everyone can board together?

Currently boarding together, requires the same arrival appointment and boarding group, not status other than suites

Granted there is no "priority boarding" as it used to be.  However, I am platinum, and I check in as soon as it is available (16 days prior to cruising) and I have been assigned boarding group A01 (the first group to board after suites) for our last 7 cruises (since July).  So it certainly is beneficial to have a platinum person in your cabin (thus be able to check-in early).  If I were you, I'd put the platinum spouses in separate cabins, and then go to guest services (once on board) and get extra keys so the right people have access to their room (if boarding together is important to you).