Can FCC be transferred?

phoenix_dream

Has anyone had success getting their FCC transferred to someone else?  We are having loads of problems getting a refund for a 2021 Celebrity cancelled cruise because our not-to-be-named online travel agent erroneously asked for FCC rather than a refund.  The issue's been escalated to supervisors at both the agency and Celebrity.  Hopefully it can be worked out.

But, if we are not successful in getting the refund I was wondering if we can get the FCC transferred?  Our family members who originally booked cannot sail any time soon but DH and I have multiple upcoming cruises with Celebrity on the books.  If they can't get the refund they are due, will we be able to transfer the FCC to us for our use and we can give them the related $$?  I know Celebrity has removed sail by dates for FCC but they really can't be cruising for quite some time so don't want to have FCC hanging out there, especially since they requested a refund and there is quite a bit of $$ involved as you can imagine.

Yes you have to call, they will give directions on transferring..you will need a letter or email from the original FCC holder stating they want to transfer to you..we just did it with 6 $250 FCC’s from family members to the Wife and I..it takes patience and a few calls.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Yes you have to call, they will give directions on transferring..you will need a letter or email from the original FCC holder stating they want to transfer to you..we just did it with 6 $250 FCC’s from family members to the Wife and I..it takes patience and a few calls.  

Thank you.  I'm hoping it all works out, but if not it's good to know it can be transferred!

17 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Can you share the number to call?

Is it perhaps just 'some' FCC that are transferable and some not?  I know some that got FCC for a cancelled cruise at the beginning of the Pandemic and it says non-transferable on it, perhaps this is not being enforced now?

Just thinking that not all FCCs are the same.