Unvaccinated Cruisers

jagofast

Has anyone heard if / when Carnival when open cruises to the Unvaccinated? Talked with my PVP and she said it is really up to the ports, because they are still requiring you to be vaccinated. Any recent info would be great. Sure would love to cruise again soon!

Question is asked and answered every day. In your defense however the posts are usually deleted so it's tough to search for.

It's up to the CDC and the ports of call. Not Carnival. I'm sure Carnival would prefer to end all restrictions tomorrow because that's more business for them.

• Like 4

Sadly, no one knows the answer to that question. It depends on many, many factors. Each country visited (Bahamas, Mexico, etc) has their own rules regarding cruise ships and vaccination rates. The CDC updates their policy quite often. It could be sometime this summer. Or, if another powerful variant starts to spread, it could be years. 

• Like 1

In addition, I wish we  had an idea when the negative covid test requirement would end.  At a cost of $188 each time I have to order a 6-pack of the EMed tests, I try to not have too many on hand, but still be prepared in case one (or more) is defective.

43 minutes ago, jagofast said:

Has anyone heard if / when Carnival when open cruises to the Unvaccinated? Talked with my PVP and she said it is really up to the ports, because they are still requiring you to be vaccinated. Any recent info would be great. Sure would love to cruise again soon!

Not this year. The pandemic sets the schedule.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

In addition, I wish we  had an idea when the negative covid test requirement would end.  At a cost of $188 each time I have to order a 6-pack of the EMed tests, I try to not have too many on hand, but still be prepared in case one (or more) is defective.

Indeed, doesn't seem to be stopping covid, it's just an added expense. Hopefully, it's gone next year or sooner.  

• Like 1