Cunard preferred hotel in Quebec?

D_Dub

We'll be sailing on the QM2 from Quebec to NYC this September. Since we are arriving a day early is there a hotel that Cunard tends to use for guests prior to sailing? We'd like to stay in the same hotel in hopes of making the transfer to the port easier. All help appreciated. David

I can recommend the Frontenac. As the crow flies, about 2 mins from the port and a five min walk, downhill. Longer when hiking up the hill.  With luggage, a taxi would be recommended as it's quite steep.

We had a tower suite overlooking the river. Wonderful experience.

Hands down.......Frontenac

https://www.reservations.com/hotel/fairmont-le-chateau-frontenac?rmcid=tophotels&utm_source=googleads&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4uaUBhC8ARIsANUuDjUzkiXdAA-ApxFmOYB5tfmYd7PUV3cwO_kxxJXAsRUfKCXf7A5f72saAuI6EALw_wcB

You will always remember it.

Stayed there for the first time in 1970 and anytime we are in the area.

If you do not, be sure to walk through and around  it.

12 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I can recommend the Frontenac. As the crow flies, about 2 mins from the port and a five min walk, downhill. Longer when hiking up the hill.  With luggage, a taxi would be recommended as it's quite steep.

We had a tower suite overlooking the river. Wonderful experience.

Isn't there a lift thingy down the hill or did I imagine it?

The Port of Québec does not post berth assignments until a month before. Most of the time the QM2 is at Berth 22 as it has been the two times we boarded there and also the day of the inaugural call in 2004 which I witnessed. But one time it was docked upriver at or near Wolfe's Cove. Many passengers were not happy with that location.  I have seen  a very large ship at berth 30 which is not nearly as convenient as 22.

Despite the number of ships in port there is a good chance the QM2 will be at berth 22 or the adjacent berth 21. We are also boarding on the 30th of Sept. and hoping it will be there. 

https://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/vessel-schedules/seasonal-schedule

https://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/access-to-docks