Leaving a cruise early?

riffatsea

A cruise from NYC to Quebec spends t h e last night docked overnight in Quebec

Is it possible to b arrange to leave the ship the day it arrives and docks in Quebec instead if spen ding the night on board?

I am asking for a fellow cruiser who'd like to catch an early morning flight by spending that night at a hotel near the airport

Hi @riffatsea, another thing to keep in mind is customs and immigration since the cruise is ending in Canada. I know in the past, some passengers were told yes it can be done, but there will be a ‘fee’ to have customs official be present to ‘clear you’. I am not sure which itinerary, but makes sense, since cruise does not officially end till the next day and customs not expected till disembarkation.

I know pre Covid, when I did some sailings  from LA to Vancouver with a stop in Victoria before reaching Vancouver, some Canadians who lived in the Victoria area, were allowed to disembark. I know permission and paperwork needed to be done beforehand, do not remember if they had to pay fee, I think not, because the cruise line knew their nationality so no immigration issue, but would be for US citizen who maybe wanted to stay in Victoria post cruise and not want to trek back after getting off in Vancouver?

Is your friend Canadian and traveling domestically? If US and trying to fly back to US they will need Covid testing no more than 1 day before flight. Has person booked cruise and just trying to figure out flight home or just doing research for options ?

My sister and friends who are US citizens are booked on the August 31 sailing NY to Quebec, and mentioned to me there were flights available disembarkation day early morning at lower fares so she was tempted to also see about leaving ship early. She decided to book the more expensive air ticket leaving normal disembarkation day.

@wallyj,

Thanks for answering

I am on that same sailing as your sister

We have also booked flights on disembarkation day

Just asking for a less experienced cruiser who is also booked but hasn't bought ait tix yet

I hope she figures it out

Prices are going up like crazy!