Oasis Adventure Ocean - Newly Potty Trained Question

First time on Royal Caribbean and first CC board post!  I know the rules about Adventure Ocean kids clubs. Children must be potty trained to participate (meaning they can remove their pants, do their business, wipe, flush and wash all without help).  My 2yo almost 3yo son has been potty trained for a few months and can do all this, but his daycare has smaller toilets.  He needs help using adult sized toilets.  Does anyone know if there are smaller toilets or some type of step so that he is able to do this in his own?  

37 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

First time on Royal Caribbean and first CC board post!  I know the rules about Adventure Ocean kids clubs. Children must be potty trained to participate (meaning they can remove their pants, do their business, wipe, flush and wash all without help).  My 2yo almost 3yo son has been potty trained for a few months and can do all this, but his daycare has smaller toilets.  He needs help using adult sized toilets.  Does anyone know if there are smaller toilets or some type of step so that he is able to do this in his own?  

I know on an Allure of the Seas video tour I watched, AO does have the “small” toilets for kids

I don't know if RC does this, but on NCL parents of 3 year olds got beepers.  Staff cannot help, but on NCL were willing to beep you if your child needs help (most 3 year olds can't wipe themselves effectively yet).  Would be worth asking.

This is great to know.  I have seen that there are some beepers but you may have to ask or it may be for special circumstances. 

While I was searching for info on the beepers I did find an update on masking in Adventure Ocean.  I guess it is now recommended but optional. I’m happy to hear that because that was the other concern I had about my youngest. He’s potty trained but I was nervous he would get kicked out because he isn’t great at mask wearing. 

• Like 1

Just a reminder that to participate in Adventure Ocean your son must have already turned THREE years old by the first day of your cruise. Adventure Ocean is only available to cruisers who are three AND potty trained. If he is younger than three, you can pay to have him in the Royal Babies and Tots program. There is zero wiggle room on this.

19 hours ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

This is great to know.  I have seen that there are some beepers but you may have to ask or it may be for special circumstances. 

While I was searching for info on the beepers I did find an update on masking in Adventure Ocean.  I guess it is now recommended but optional. I’m happy to hear that because that was the other concern I had about my youngest. He’s potty trained but I was nervous he would get kicked out because he isn’t great at mask wearing. 

No beepers given on Harmony...they would call/text you if necessary on your cell phone.

6 hours ago, cello56 said:

Just a reminder that to participate in Adventure Ocean your son must have already turned THREE years old by the first day of your cruise. Adventure Ocean is only available to cruisers who are three AND potty trained. If he is younger than three, you can pay to have him in the Royal Babies and Tots program. There is zero wiggle room on this.

He’ll be 3 in July and we board in August so he should be all set. 

10 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

If they plan to call or text do you need to pay the daily fee for the messaging app or can they contact you without it?

No idea as we always have a phone...perhaps they might offer you a beeper if they still have them. On our HOTS in April I didn't see anyone being given a beeper during sign up day.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

No idea as we always have a phone...perhaps they might offer you a beeper if they still have them. On our HOTS in April I didn't see anyone being given a beeper during sign up day.

I have a phone. I just wasn’t sure if I was going to pay for Voom or the daily messaging app. Now I am wondering if I will be forced to in order to communicate with Adventure Ocean. 

2 hours ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

If they plan to call or text do you need to pay the daily fee for the messaging app or can they contact you without it?

On Allure they don’t give you anything for 3+ kids.  If you want to know how they are doing you can call them from a ship phone or stop by.  They won’t contact you however.  

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

No beepers given on Harmony...they would call/text you if necessary on your cell phone.

Yeah and it's too Bad, not all have/use Cell onboard. Back 20yrs ago Royal Ships gave Beepers out. Though was only issued for Kid 3-5yrs or Special Needs, having it they could then Page me for any of my Kids if needed. As Single Parent Traveling alone with 3 Youngsters wasn't far from Adventure Ocean anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER

I brought my freshly potty-trained 3 year old on the Anthem of the Seas a few years ago. They gave us beepers for the just in case, that was nice. But he only ever peed while he was in there. We made sure he pooped before he went.in to avoid anyone else having to wipe him (he couldn't do it efficiently). We had zero issues. They also did have smaller toilets for the kiddos.