Any one else getting cruise is on hold message?

lepidoptera

Hoping against hope others are getting the dreaded cruise is on hold and time is running out message. I’ve been worrying about the transpacific cruise for a few months since it stops in Russia but was hoping since it isn’t until 2024 that they would leave it until things got closer. Crossing fingers for IT problems not a cancellation. 

The April 2024 Jewel transpacific is very likely to be cancelled or have major changes when the 2023/4 Asia season is released. We've been discussing it over at the roll call: 

2 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

Hoping against hope others are getting the dreaded cruise is on hold and time is running out message. I’ve been worrying about the transpacific cruise for a few months since it stops in Russia but was hoping since it isn’t until 2024 that they would leave it until things got closer. Crossing fingers for IT problems not a cancellation. 

Sorry for your loss. We have seen that message a dozen or more times since 2020. Always fatal. 

1 minute ago, casofilia said:

@BirdTravels

What is really annoying is that everything about the specific Transpacific cruise disappeared about a week ago.   No communication from NCL at all.

Yea, just get on with it.  I want the CN certificate back to use as payment for another cruise.  I'm trying to use all my older ones first and I think the one I used for this cruise might expire much sooner than the ones I currently have in my account.

Hey, maybe no news is good news and it's just on hold because they're just waiting for the final schedule and we'll get an updated itinerary, with a discount because of the itinerary change.  I was really looking forward to the unique stops in Alaska.

A girl can dream can't she......but it does seem odd that they're taking their time

@julig22

... discount because of the itinerary change.  I was really looking forward to the unique stops in Alaska.

NO Itinerary Change wanted because of the unique stops

It will need a major itinerary change to get any discount, well maybe a peanuts one.   Again they are not even treating us like mushrooms, at least they are fed b...s...

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@julig22

... discount because of the itinerary change.  I was really looking forward to the unique stops in Alaska.

NO Itinerary Change wanted because of the unique stops

It will need a major itinerary change to get any discount, well maybe a peanuts one.   Again they are not even treating us like mushrooms, at least they are fed b...s...

Got a 10% discount when they took out the St. Petersburg stop on upcoming Baltic cruise.  But no, I probably wouldn't go if they changed the Alaska stops, would have to look at the others before deciding.

On 6/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, lepidoptera said:

I was just booked yesterday by the travel agent and I am also receiving the same message on the website. Maybe a IT issue?

@CruiserEK

The OP's post that you actually quoted referred to a Transpacific cruise which is why I answered as I did.

When I asked my PCC about the TransPacific cruise he stated that it wasn't available on the website so he was unable to book anyone on it.

If your cruise does not appear on the website I wonder how your TA was able to book it.   However I have just looked and the Bliss cruise you quote is there.

@casofilia

I was under the impression the issue was something widespread on the NCL website and not just a specific cruise in question. I had seen the on hold message under my cruise reservation on the NCL website. In regards to the Norwegian Bliss cruise I was referring to the issue cleared itself up not too long ago so I can access my cruise information and check out the excursions, etc. If there still is an issue with the TransPacific cruise I wish you the best of luck.