Edge class aft balcony (12th floor): Noise from the buffet one floor up?

fstuff1

1) How noisy is the aft balcony with the buffet one floor up during the day?  (i like to take naps)

2) How noisy is it at night when the staff cleans?

3) How noisy is it in the morning when staff starts getting the buffet ready for breakfast (5am)?

4) can people in the buffet see me on my blacony?

Edited by fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to Edge class aft balcony (12th floor): Noise from the buffet one floor up?

I found it noticeable and have avoided deck 12 for my Beyond bookings. Having said that, if deck 12 had the only SVs available then I'd book one again as it certainly didn't spoil our cruise and I much prefer the aft view/larger balcony over the alternatives.

My wife and I just got off the Edge in early May. Italy/Greece. We were in Sunset Veranda suite 12265. Right in middle of aft deck.

The Buffett is not above these suites. What is above, is the outside deck of the Pizza Station. If somebody is on that area above, that can see you, but only if you are at the rail of your balcony. It’s nice and big, so you can easily sit under covered area and have complete privacy.

We also had many conversations with others while on balcony. You can easily look down on the lower suites and converse with the occupants, which we did at multiple ports. It was a fun way to get to know others. 

The only time we would briefly hear anything was when somebody moved a chair above, which believe it or not, was not very often. The ships cleaning staff were the biggest offenders. However, is was literally a non issue and we would book this suite again with no hesitation whatsoever.

I completely disagree with those that believe this is a bad floor. 

But let’s face it, this website has become a place in which minor details get blown out of proportion. This thread being a perfect example. This really is a non issue. But reading the responses, you would think the 12th floor is completely noisy, with nobody getting sleep and constantly being interrupted by noise, which could not be any further from the truth. 

The only negative is the long walk to elevator or stairs, which did not bother us at all. It blows away an Infinite verandah suite IMO.

Stayed in an SV deck 12 on Apex…right in the center..some noise yes…LONG walk to cabin, and I like to walk.  

my issue is that I found it to have zero breeze..HOT…compared to regular balcony’s I have stayed in on S Class ships..I thought the same thing about SV class on Equinox, HOT and no breeze..regular balcony suits me much better, usually for less money.  

i can get the aft view at the Sunset Bar…and it has a Bar.  🙂

That said, choices are good. 

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Stayed in an SV deck 12 on Apex…right in the center..some noise yes…LONG walk to cabin, and I like to walk.  

my issue is that I found it to have zero breeze..HOT…compared to regular balcony’s I have stayed in on S Class ships..I thought the same thing about SV class on Equinox, HOT and no breeze..regular balcony suits me much better, usually for less money.  

i can get the aft view at the Sunset Bar…and it has a Bar.  🙂

That said, choices are good. 

We’re quite happy with regular verandas on S and M class as well but for our booking on the Edge in 2024 there are no regular verandas along the side of the ship unless you can afford a suite, which we can’t. So we’ve booked SV for both legs, hopefully it won’t be too hot down under but we’ll survive! 

1 hour ago, C-Ya said:

I completely disagree with those that believe this is a bad floor. 

I completely agree with your disagreeance (is that a word?).  We were in 12265 for 8 nites last summer---great location, NO issues with OV noise (it's actually under the outdoor dining area, by FAR less traffic overhead).  We also love deck 12 on S class---OV 1 deck up, pool just down the hall.

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We’re quite happy with regular verandas on S and M class as well but for our booking on the Edge in 2024 there are no regular verandas along the side of the ship unless you can afford a suite, which we can’t. So we’ve booked SV for both legs, hopefully it won’t be too hot down under but we’ll survive! 

That was the reason we were in an SV on Apex...loved the ship...IF we were to sail here again (we will), I'm going to give the IV a chance.  Apex was a lift and shift from 2 years ago.  

Maybe it was just the weather, or the winds, it was March in the Caribbean, so it's usually not so bad..mid summer, I get it...soot was an issue a few days too..

Edited by PTC DAWG