New to Azamara-thoughts on Onward BtoB

kool kruiser

23 hours ago, Noggins said:

Colin, I would not take issue with a single word of your detailed review. Well, except for one..... Whilst I did not mount a 24/7 watch I definitely did not see either of you using that jogging track - are you sure you didn't dream that bit?!

Adrian

I call, as my first witnesses, members of your illustrious travelling companions.....

3 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

It was to Lovcen National Park in Kotor.

The local guide was brilliant !

3 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

And...so sorry I referred previously to Croatia, as Kotor is, of course, in Montenegro !

Thanks – switched our shore excursion to this one.  I take it you didn't find it as strenuous as the description makes it sound?  Also, did you have time afterward for a brief walk around Kotor old town?  [Where you docked or tendered?]

22 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks – switched our shore excursion to this one.  I take it you didn't find it as strenuous as the description makes it sound?  Also, did you have time afterward for a brief walk around Kotor old town?  [Where you docked or tendered?]

No, not as strenuous but the distance was pretty accurate. We regularly walk 5-6 miles each week at a fast pace and this was very comfortable for us. Definitely a trip for those who are used to walking/hiking but not particularly difficult.

We were tendered and were given enough time to briefly visit the lovely old town.

Hope you enjoy as I now have a sense of responsibility !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lovelyjubbly said:

Can I ask Kool Kruiser what pre cruise tests did you do? Am a little confused as to what’s required. I’m UK based and flying into Athens from Heathrow in July to sail onboard Onward. Would be grateful for any info 😊

Bit off topic but as we’re very close to you I thought I would jump in, test requirement is either Antigen (Lateral Flow) within a day of boarding, so can be anytime the preceding day, or PCR within 3 days.

We were confronted with the problem at short notice before Onwards maiden and found DAM Health in The Galleries Broadmead to be the best answer. PCR was £49 with results in 24 hours but at least we had the results in our hand before we flew out to Monaco the day before the cruise. Antigen is about £22 so we’re going to do this the day before we go to Southampton to board Quest in August, results are supposed to be within 2 hours.

• Thanks 1

We’ve also used Dam Health in Bristol,very efficient. On our last trip on Onward a couple of weeks ago we had an antigen test in Piraeus 24 hours beforehand,Affidea medical centre, booked online,10 euros each. The results took 30 minutes so we had a meal on the harbour side then collected the paperwork. 
More stress was involved in the planning than anything else!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

9 hours ago, lovelyjubbly said:

Can I ask Kool Kruiser what pre cruise tests did you do? Am a little confused as to what’s required. I’m UK based and flying into Athens from Heathrow in July to sail onboard Onward. Would be grateful for any info 😊

We flew out from Heathrow the day before lour cruise. We used Halo, who were in the lobby of the Sofitel, which links to the terminal. Very efficient and helpful, antigen test cost £12 each (less top cashback ! ), booked via BA website link.

Hope this helps.

16 hours ago, lovelyjubbly said:

Numerous recent posts by people caught out at Piraeus having tested according to Azamara's guidelines - 3 day PCR or 1 day antigen.

** Piraeus only accepts a test result within one day of boarding.

Many posts also say tests to be had in Athens for €5

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1