Breakaway itinerary change for July 31st and Aug 7 sailings

tryan70

34 minutes ago, ECFAZ said:

They drop the price over 1000 per cabin the day after we pay in full  then drop ports. First and last time on NCL for me

This happens on ALL lines on occasion 

looks like that Getaway Cruise on Aug 6th dropped St Thomas but is still going to Amber Cove,

Correction, July 9 sailing dropped St Thomas not Aug 6th

Edited by tryan70
correction

1 minute ago, DailyDouble2006 said:

Really bad. I’m thinking of not going to this one if I can get my money back or at least FCC. Ridiculous! 

That’s fine. The ship needs some repairs (temporary bondo job at PC is not sufficient). If you have been following the news since late March, you would assume that they would schedule a dry dock as soon as parts and space was available. No surprises here. Definitely. It ridiculous. 

30 minutes ago, tryan70 said:
  • Not understanding why San Juan is a 4pm arrival...should only take to around noon to get there and looks like only one other ship in port that day...the Getaway

That’s pretty much the normal time for a San Juan port call. Been that way since at least November 2019. 

And it is plenty safe for an evening stop. 

Edited by BirdTravels

The Getaway docks at 7am on Aug 10 (our new arrival date) Its the only ship listed as being in port that day.  We leave GSC at 4pm, followed by a day at sea. We should be able to get to San Juan by noon. 

1 hour ago, MCRUZE said:

San Juan is not a favored port and the ship arrives 4pm. Not a good place to be after dark.

Yikes.  I hate those late arrivals.  On our AK cruise the week before last, we arrived in Victoria at 7:30.  Shorex published 8:00 but the bus didn't roll until 8:30.  Got back on the ship just before midnight.  Really not a fun time.  I won't do that again.

35 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The ship needs some repairs (temporary bondo job at PC is not sufficient). If you have been following the news since late March, you would assume that they would schedule a dry dock as soon as parts and space was available.

Wasn't that the Escape?  Regardless, I can understand NCL having an aversion to large ships docking in Puerto Plata right now.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tryan70 said:

Evidently more than just these two sailings impacted, Sounds like July 17 has same changes

Yup, that's the sailing I am on and they changed our ports to the same ones as the cruises afterwards.  I'm looking forward to just relaxing on the extra sea days.

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Regardless, I can understand NCL having an aversion to large ships docking in Puerto Plata right now.

I was just there last month on Breakaway. They used Carnival's pier at Amber Cove. Could it be related to the cost/availability from Carnival?

Your original itinerary is pretty much the same as as the one we had on the 5/22 Breakaway sailing. I would have been extremely disappointed if ours had been changed like this. We booked in large part because of the 4 port days and had plans in every port. We all know the cruise lines do things like this on occasion, but that doesn't make it feel any better when it does.

Regarding the late arrival at San Juan, we had an even later arrival on an MSC cruise and we ended up having a fun time. We booked an excursion through the cruise line that included a tour of El Morro followed by a walking tour of Old Town San Juan. It was a great tour and we ended up spinning off and having dinner before heading back to the ship.

That is a disappointing itinerary change. I wouldn’t mind the extra sea day as much if Breakaway were set up better for my interests (outdoor activities). With the late San Juan arrival, it’s really more like 4 sea days. I hope they have more open for lunch with this adjustment.

16 hours ago, tryan70 said:

Just got letter. Hoping there will be subsequent changes because this is a pretty bad itinerary

image.png.96f017d453a6cdbc372aee149248c2d0.png

Agreed - pretty bad itinerary, and with a late port in San Juan it’s almost like being at sea for 3 days.

• Like 1

@NCL please inform your customers what these unforeseen circumstances are that require you to make these modifications. I booked this cruise because of DR and BVI ports; not for 3 days at sea. What I paid for this cruise does not justify the ports we are going to and the 3 days at sea.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, tryan70 said:

Just got letter. Hoping there will be subsequent changes because this is a pretty bad itinerary

image.png.96f017d453a6cdbc372aee149248c2d0.png

We received the same email for the July 17th BA sailing as well. When do you  (or anyone) suppose they will change the online Summary and offer new excursions?