Birth certificates

8 minutes ago, Jt4428 said:

We are on oasis this Friday from cape liberty. Is there any reason to bring copies of birth certificates if we all have passports and drivers licenses? TiA

No

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Only if you plan on losing your passports.  😲

My friend left her passport in a taxicab.  She was going through bags after shopping, and her whole wallet slid between the seats.  Fortunately, this wasn't a cruise -- it was a land-based vacation -- and she was able to track down the taxi the next day /retrieved her things.  

7 hours ago, Jt4428 said:

We are on oasis this Friday from cape liberty. Is there any reason to bring copies of birth certificates if we all have passports and drivers licenses? TiA

No need if all adults.  Could be a need if you have minors because BC documents the legal parents.  Granted, not a high probability, but I brought both when my daughter had a passport too.   Same last name doesn’t really prove you are the parent.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

No need if all adults.  Could be a need if you have minors because BC documents the legal parents.  Granted, not a high probability, but I brought both when my daughter had a passport too.   Same last name doesn’t really prove you are the parent.  

What if only 1 parent sails?  Do we need a letter from the parent that is not sailing?

1 hour ago, PTAngel said:

What if only 1 parent sails?  Do we need a letter from the parent that is not sailing?

Never done that myself, but my understanding is yes.  I think it needs to be notarized, but others know this process on here so maybe create another thread.   

10 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Your passports are current, right?  (That was a paranoia question.)  Assuming yes, you have no need of your birth certificates.  Or your driver's licenses.

They are all current but 2 of them expire within 6 months of this cruise.

8 minutes ago, Jt4428 said:

They are all current but 2 of them expire within 6 months of this cruise.

You are fine, the 6 month rule is not a requirement  for cruises in the Caribbean. 
We have cruised many times with about to expire passports.

Sherri🙂