New Celebrity Cruiser - question about Shore Excursions

planaholic

We’ve never cruised with Celebrity before but booked at the weekend to go on Beyond in July 2023.

when I log in to my cruise details to look at shore excursions, some of the ports are missing so we can’t book any excursions.  I can’t believe they’re sold out.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?  

Post-pandemic, they've been slow to post shorexes on most cruises.  Remember, the cruise lines don't actually run these themselves.  They contract wit local providers.  During the pandemic, some providers may have gone out of business...some laid off employees...and more.  Also, some attractions were temporarily closed, some are still closed...some have Covid-related restrictions.  So, when opening back, they've got to do a re-vetting of providers--make sure they are still capable of providing the services to the cruise line's standards, make sure the attractions are open, etc.  It's been slow...

They only very recently posted shorexes for Newfoundland and most of the shorexes for Halifax on my August 2022 cruise.  My April Transpacific still has limited excursions and none in at least one port.  My April Med cruise on RCCL has nothing posted yet.

2 minutes ago, planaholic said:

Thanks for the replies.  That’s reassuring.  I’ll just keep an eye on it for now.

Yeah, just give it a look from time to time.  Things will start popping up, but it may take a while.  By the same token, don't be overly surprised if something you book is cancelled.  That's also happening at the moment--just part of the world we live in right now.  Roll with it, and have a lovely cruise!

1 hour ago, planaholic said:

Thanks for the replies.  That’s reassuring.  I’ll just keep an eye on it for now.

I think or at least one used to be able to just log on Celebrity website and go to the general list of shore excursions for each of the ports. You can get an idea of what they offer.

38 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think or at least one used to be able to just log on Celebrity website and go to the general list of shore excursions for each of the ports. You can get an idea of what they offer.

Yes, you still can.

Click on Find Destinations, then click on Shore Excursions and then click on Browse Shore Excursions.

Finally you can use a pull-down menu for either Destinations or Ports and select either a country or sub-region or select a  port.

Shore Excursions will now be shown for your selection; however, as previously noted by other posts, the excursions shown may not become available for your cruise and of course the prices shown are probably for the most recent or earliest upcoming cruises and thus your prices may be higher.

Enjoy

We have a Southern Caribbean on Millennium booked for November, and every week or so, we keep seeing more excursions added.  Just keep checking, and I'm sure they will start showing up.  Also, in the past, it was common as the cruise got closer to see discount prices, so keep an eye out because you can cancel and rebook for the savings. 

There is a way to see all of them, but without pricing.  First, log out of Celebrity so they don't know who you are, then find the cruise you are going on.  (You can't do this under your booking).  Click "Itineraries and Flights".  Right under the pricing you will see a menu that includes "Shore Excursions".  Click on that.  You will be able to scroll through (left to right) the excursions available for your home port.  If you look to the right of your screen above the right hand excursion showing, the home port is shown with a down arrow.  Click the arrow to change ports and the excursions for that port will be seen.  Hope this helps.  We will be on Beyond in just under a month.

18 hours ago, moneeman said:

There is a way to see all of them, but without pricing.  First, log out of Celebrity so they don't know who you are, then find the cruise you are going on.  (You can't do this under your booking).  Click "Itineraries and Flights".  

I gotta chuckle about your comment on being logged out.

They're still adding excursions to our cruise in October (Italy/France) - they've definitely been slow coming.  As well, we've actually booked and had one cancelled already haha.  They will come but I know it's easy to get excited and want to plan soon!