Experience of potty-trained toddlers using the pools

Has anyone got experience of their toddlers being denied access to the pools despite them being potty trained?

We're going on Voyager of the seas and I'm not sure whether my little one will be allowed to go swimming. He's such a water baby so it would be such a shame if he couldn't take a dip.

I'm not sure if there's a splash zone on VOTS that he could go in? It would be foolish if we have to put a nappy on him to use the splash zone (if available) as it'll be confusing for him.

Swim diapers are what they don't want in the pools so if your LO isn't wearing one you are good.  We took our youngest when he had just turned 3.  He was potty trained and no one said a thing or ever asked.

THAT said, we also saw parents taking diapers off of babies so they were just wearing a bathing suit and taking them in the the pool and no one from Royal said a thing... So I suspect you will be completely fine.

Just now, MaddyandMax said:

Swim diapers are what they don't want in the pools so if your LO isn't wearing one you are good.  We took our youngest when he had just turned 3.  He was potty trained and no one said a thing or ever asked.

THAT said, we also saw parents taking diapers off of babies so they were just wearing a bathing suit and taking them in the the pool and no one from Royal said a thing... So I suspect you will be completely fine.

Yeah.  Their policy and pool set up pretty much encourages that.   Seen the same thing too.  

4 minutes ago, beckyboo1986 said:

Ok thank you. Hopefully we should be fine then.

You will be fine.  You can go in any pool other than the adult only pools/hot tubs.  

As a parent with young kids and a pool in my backyard, just remember even bigger kids pee a lot when swimming.   They ingest a lot of that water and they have too much fun to want to stop playing.  Gotta be extra vigilant to get them to go when they really do need to go.  Understand accidents are likely so don’t be upset.  It’s gonna happen whether you realize it does or not.   

Have a blast.  

• Like 1

As sure as the sun shines, kids, especially toddlers and younger kids ARE going to pee in the pool, that's why they used to do sea water and changed it out nightly.  Not really sure about lately, but I think I will ask the pool mngr on Odyssey next cruise.

I will get out and use the bathroom, but i don't dry off. Recent cruise on Allure they had 2 guys in the bathroom all day with a mop, so it would seem that this is common practice. Peeing in the pool isn't really my thing.

• Like 1