Venture delayed again?

Isklaar

22 hours ago, ChicagoAlli said:

Tech problem on my reply...Where do you see the info on the charter flight? I cannot find that anywhere in my docs

You may have already done this, but here is the step by step.

Sign in and go to My Bookings and select this cruise.

Click on Docs, upper right just after Prefs.

Check in for cruise.

Select 'Print Final Documents'.

My Air info was on Page 9.

I hope this helps.  They sure don't make it easy.

My comment probably should be on a different thread but I have just seen Seabourn's latesy video of Venture on their social media. The ship is stunning!

Of course I've seen the mock ups etc but they don't compare to seeing the ship itself. 
I am very much looking forward to reading onboard reports. 

5 hours ago, Isklaar said:

My comment probably should be on a different thread but I have just seen Seabourn's latesy video of Venture on their social media. The ship is stunning!

Of course I've seen the mock ups etc but they don't compare to seeing the ship itself. 
I am very much looking forward to reading onboard reports. 

Will do my best to report once we board. Internet will be spotty once we leave Longyearben. Perhaps someone on the first leg will post.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:21 AM, highplanesdrifters said:

You may have already done this, but here is the step by step.

Sign in and go to My Bookings and select this cruise.

Click on Docs, upper right just after Prefs.

Check in for cruise.

Select 'Print Final Documents'.

My Air info was on Page 9.

I hope this helps.  They sure don't make it easy.

Thanks for the advice, however have gone through all the final documents. All I can figure is that since I didn't book my air through Seabourn, I'm not getting anything about the internal air flights. The itinerary has blanks for arrive and depart columns for Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th. No info on the 7th on when the transfer to the airport would occur or when the flight leaves for Longyearbyen. No specifics on the charter airline or anything. (My page 9 is boilerplate "Health and Safety" stuff). I guess I'm expected to find this all out when I arrive in Oslo (and hope there is someone at the airport for me!)

22 hours ago, jsea said:

This past week we received air info from Seabourn, via our TA, for the Oslo - Longyearbyen charter flight. It is a charter operated by Widerøe. Departs 0700, supposedly.

Hmmmm, does the flight leave at 7, or do you leave the hotel at 7? I'm sure it will get sorted out in Oslo.

Good question. I was wondering the same. I think that might be planned departure for flight as they also list an ETA to Longyearbyen at 10am. And from my googling OSL-LYR is around 3 hours.

Seems like an early start to the day 🙂

• Like 1

I think there might be a couple of charter flights going so depends on which one you are on, our cruise docs are showing us on a 11.00 flight with Titan Airways arriving into Longyearbyen at 14.10.  So slightly later arrival on the boat but a chance for a decent breakfast in Oslo before departure.

Very much looking forward to this cruise, our first expedition cruise, done about a dozen cruises over the last 10 years or so, this will be our fourth Seabourn, did Norwegian Fjords on Ovation 4 years ago and that was spectacular so have high hopes for this cruise.

Not sure why the Venture is still in Valletta?? 

4 hours ago, FoggysDad said:

It should be able to get from Valetta to Tromso in 12 days at a moderate 12 knot speed, 10 days at 14 knots, or 8 days at 18 knots. (Venture can supposedly do 22 knots, but I imagine that would be a rough ride unless the seas are very smooth!) I'd guess there is still a flurry of finishing work going on, and they want to get as many workers off the ship as possible, rather than having them stay on to Norway and need to be flown home. 

22 hours ago, FoggysDad said:

Very much looking forward to this cruise, our first expedition cruise, done about a dozen cruises over the last 10 years or so, this will be our fourth Seabourn, did Norwegian Fjords on Ovation 4 years ago and that was spectacular so have high hopes for this cruise.

She is probably still in Valetta collecting staff. One of the expedition team was on our SS Cloud trip in June and he was scheduled to meet Venture in Valetta. I thought the date was July 23, but that sounds a bit late. And as others have mentioned more last minute details.  

We too are excited for the trip having had 2 years of delays. I fully expect that there will be issues that are associated with a new ship. Combined with Covid supply chain and staffing problems could make for some interesting problems. That being said it appears that Seabourn are pulling out all the stops to make a positive first impression.  

I'm more concerned about actually getting there, with my luggage, than any shipboard problems.  😁

It's going to be fun, interesting and truly spectacular.  I don't care if I see a polar bear, but a Narwhal that would be a real bonus. 

I'm sure you'll enjoy.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 11:25 AM, FoggysDad said:

I think there might be a couple of charter flights going so depends on which one you are on, our cruise docs are showing us on a 11.00 flight with Titan Airways arriving into Longyearbyen at 14.10.  So slightly later arrival on the boat but a chance for a decent breakfast in Oslo before departure.

I spoke to a Seabourn rep the other day and he said there are 2 charter flights. The earlier 7am flight is likely for people who signed up for the Longyearbyen excursion and the 11am flight will transport people directly to the ship. Both the Wideroe and Titan planes are 2x2 seating. 

5 hours ago, ChicagoAlli said:

I spoke to a Seabourn rep the other day and he said there are 2 charter flights. The earlier 7am flight is likely for people who signed up for the Longyearbyen excursion and the 11am flight will transport people directly to the ship. Both the Wideroe and Titan planes are 2x2 seating. 

Wow, that's great to hear. Our friends just spoke to a Seabourn agent who told them there was only one flight at 7am and everyone wouldbe on that flight. Hope the person you spoke to is correct!

We're going to need some popcorn and patience.  😃

Edited by highplanesdrifters

9 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Wow, that's great to hear. Our friends just spoke to a Seabourn agent who told them there was only one flight at 7am and everyone wouldbe on that flight. Hope the person you spoke to is correct!

We're going to need some popcorn and patience.  😃

It's frustrating that Seabourn is not consistent with their information. First I was told I was on the 11am Titan flight. Then I got an email confirmation with the 7am Wideroe flight. Called again and was told about the two flights, which makes more sense because these 2x2 regional jets only hold like 100 people. So unless the sailing is less than half full, there would need to be more than one plane.

• Like 1

It looks like Venture is scheduled to stop in Gibraltar tomorrow. Perhaps offloading some workers who needed another couple days onboard, or picking up some provisions or crew that didn't make it to Malta. The trip voyage Gibraltar to Tromso should take 7 days if she cruises at 18 knots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After a 9 hour stop in Gibraltar today, Venture is on the move again, in the Atlantic and headed for Rotterdam at nearly 18 knots; it is scheduled to arrive there Friday morning. From there, it's a 3-day sail to Tromso.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I got this shot of the Venture at Rotterdam, taking on supplies. Lots of deck space!

Agree, it looks like it. We enjoyed Endeavor immensely but felt it lacked outdoor lounging spaces. The hot tub on the bow was excellent but I think we will prefer Venture’s set up with multiple outdoor hot tubs and the infinity-edge pool.

The solarium was a beautiful space on Endeavor but awkward to use the pool with dinners perched nearly directly above swimmers at the edge of the water.  

• Thanks 1