Venture delayed again?

Isklaar

High plains drifter

Thanks for all of the info to find the flight info

we booked our own air and are on the 7;45 flight, would not have known if not for your guidance 

we booked this cruise while on Seabourn in Australia in 2019, never let your wife go to a lecture about a new ship alone, 

really looking forward to this , leaving 4 days early to stay in Oslo, 

gary and sue, Denver 

(high plains drifter, like the movie ? ),

12 hours ago, gary705 said:

High plains drifter

Thanks for all of the info to find the flight info

we booked our own air and are on the 7;45 flight, would not have known if not for your guidance 

we booked this cruise while on Seabourn in Australia in 2019, never let your wife go to a lecture about a new ship alone, 

really looking forward to this , leaving 4 days early to stay in Oslo, 

gary and sue, Denver 

(high plains drifter, like the movie ? ),

You are so very welcome. I've gotten so much helpful info from the CC Intelligentsia, just trying to contribute. 

I understand there will be a QR code at some point available to expedite boarding. Not sure where, maybe the Seabourn app? Will let you know if I find it. 😀

We are also heading to Oslo 4 days ahead. Whether we get there 4 days ahead is another story.🤣  I'm really looking forward to exploring Oslo especially the ship museums. Sadly The Viking ship museum is closed. 

With the help of our Goddess TA, we have changed our flights twice, switched from AMS to LHR, building in larger connection cushions, booked a refundable backup LHR-OSL, and shipped our luggage.  Will see if that helps, or perhaps I have over obsessed.

We were in Oslo for one night in June. The airport was quite nice and efficient. Let's hope it still is. It will be interesting to see how Seabourn herds us on to the charter.

In case you haven't found it yet, The Oslo Pass is a great app. So much info on it even if you don't buy the Oslo pass. 

Your wife sounds brilliant!  I too am prone to travel related shiny things.

I could never be as cool as Clint. 

See you onboard. I'll be the one in black.

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

I understand there will be a QR code at some point available to expedite boarding. Not sure where, maybe the Seabourn app? Will let you know if I find it. 😀

Yes, when your departure is 14 days away or sooner, in the Seabourn Source app a boarding pass will be available in the “wallet” section.

Edited by jsea
Grammar

57 minutes ago, jsea said:

Yes, when your departure is 14 days away or sooner, in the Seabourn Source app a boarding pass will be available in the “wallet” section.

It's also one of the pages of the Final Documents PDF you can download from the Seabourn website. I have dutifully printed the one for myself and the one for my wife before each cruise, and I don't think anyone from Seabourn has ever scanned it or even wanted to see it. 😉 

On 7/12/2022 at 9:58 AM, highplanesdrifters said:

Yikes, that is early.

My “final documents” now list a 0545 departure from Oslo for charter flight with 0845 arrival to Longyearbyen. 😵

I am curious to find out what will be the actual departure time. All in due course…

3 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Venture is now steaming up the coast of Norway at a brisk 17 knots, with about 950 nautical miles to go to get to Tromso in two days.

I wonder what they will do when they get to Tromso, quite a long gap before the official inaugural. Maybe they will head up to Svalbard for a recce, maybe they will have a load of hard-working journalists aboard known for their objective reporting.

3 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I wonder what they will do when they get to Tromso, quite a long gap before the official inaugural.

Long gap? Venture is scheduled to arrive on the 26th, and the first embarkation is on the 27th. 

4 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Long gap? Venture is scheduled to arrive on the 26th, and the first embarkation is on the 27th. 

Oh, sorry, I thought the inaugural had been put back (again) to 6 August or something near then.  Look forward to hearing from one of the guinea pigs.

20 hours ago, jsea said:

My “final documents” now list a 0545 departure from Oslo for charter flight with 0845 arrival to Longyearbyen. 😵

I am curious to find out what will be the actual departure time. All in due course…

All in due course.....exactly!

If it is a 5:45, perhaps the Fashion Police can chime in about wearing PJs, robe, and slippers on the flight.🤣

The Venture is docked in Tromso now, ready to begin her official cruising days tomorrow — bringing to an end this thread about her delays.

Best wishes to the passengers aboard the inaugural sailing; we'll be (jealously) awaiting your reports!

• Like 3

Friends on tomorrow's voyage told me that it is considered the "maiden" voyage, not the inaugural.  They are confused and expect theirs to be a shake down/trial run and don't know when and which is the official inaugural voyage.  

• Like 2

High planes….

we too are arriving 4 days early and shipping luggage , hopefully it will get there 

Are you staying at the Grand ?   Let’s  have a drink …,we arrive tuesday night 

where are you doing your covid test, we had one booked at the blu raddison , just got notified it will close on 8/1/…..contacted the hotel and they are looking in to another location 

I also got the internet test , hopefully it will all work out

wearing black, like Johnny cash 

gary and sue 

18 hours ago, gary705 said:

High planes….

we too are arriving 4 days early and shipping luggage , hopefully it will get there 

Are you staying at the Grand ?   Let’s  have a drink …,we arrive tuesday night 

where are you doing your covid test, we had one booked at the blu raddison , just got notified it will close on 8/1/…..contacted the hotel and they are looking in to another location 

Drinks, of course! Yes we are at the Grand, but perhaps we can wait till we are onboard. Our schedule is a bit up in the air. 😉 

We have packed online Covid tests, but looking for physical back-up too. Let me know what you find.

Our bags were were picked up yesterday and enjoyed lunch at Chick Filet.  First time using smart tags. 🤣

Review in Travel + Leisure of Venture says, "Both ships [Venture and Pursuit] will have eight different onboard dining options..."Maybe the operative word here is "will", as "in the future".

Can any of you lucky passengers confirm what's available. I count 5 including room service.

I'm hoping to board Venture next spring Manaus-London and anxious to read your reviews.

Just took a look at the AIS system and was relieved to see that the Venture is truly underway (making about 13 knots).  So her (preferred pronoun for ships) life as a cruise ship is now reality.

Hank

High plane 

contacted the hotel , I had an appointment at a local spot ,but as I said it was closing on 8/1/—

the hotel said the same company is looking for a new location and asked when I would like an appointment—so I’m waiting  to hear back or will check in with hotel on Tuesday when we get there .otherwise it’s the internet 

my t/a says that ,she spoke to Seabourn, if there is a problem with the internet test, keep the results and they may do a test at the dock…

we are in Seabourn 619, give us a call when you can 

gary and sue 

15 hours ago, gary705 said:

High plane 

contacted the hotel , I had an appointment at a local spot ,but as I said it was closing on 8/1/—

the hotel said the same company is looking for a new location and asked when I would like an appointment—so I’m waiting  to hear back or will check in with hotel on Tuesday when we get there .otherwise it’s the internet 

my t/a says that ,she spoke to Seabourn, if there is a problem with the internet test, keep the results and they may do a test at the dock…

we are in Seabourn 619, give us a call when you can 

gary and sue 

Perfecto! Thanks for the Covid info. Will track you down for that cocktail. Knowing how things work we'll probably bump into each other at the hotel.😀 Safe travels.

Just received an email from oslo

there is a new place in Oslo doing Covid testing

klinikk Spero team 

at the raddison blu plaza Scandinavia hotel Oslo 

holbergsgate 30, Oslo, 166 Norge 

www.klinikkspero.com

if you need it

gary and sue

I've seen quite a few photos of Venture since yesterday on Facebook.  It's hard to know what to think because of the perspective from which the photos were taken.  Ceilings appear to be lower.  The decor is quite modern, in a different way from Encore and Ovation.  There is a lot of brown used in the decor--including in the suites for carpeting.  I hope that someone who is currently on the ship will post here. 

Edited by SLSD

Thanks Gary for that Covid info. CC Intelligentsia to the rescue. Google tells me it is only 900 meters from the Grand.

SLSD - I promise to start a Live thread and folks can join in if they are in the mood.  I'm holding back my initial aesthetic reservations until I see her in person. ;-).  We were on Silversea Muse last September and the thing I really disliked about the ship were the low ceilings and cave like atmosphere of most of the restaurants.   

• Like 1