Does Princess Price Match

darnoc23

I just got a much lower price from a TA for a current cruise I'm booked at.  Does Princess Price match?  I would hate to go the route of cancelling the booking and having to deal with refunds, but if they can adjust that would be great.  

They MIGHT... if you call and ask, but most cruise lines will NOT price match offers from a travel agency. I called Princess on one occasion to see if they would, and their rep told me that they couldn't even come close to the price I got from a large, well known cruise consolidator.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Why not just use the agent?

We do that and often get a lower price or a lot of obc

Would love to, but i have current booking already and have current issues with refunds that are still pending.  Never explored TA's before thinking Princess will give better prices for members but now I see what I've been missing.  My understanding from the rules of this site is you can't post TAs.  Wandering why?  Isn't it good to share deals to fellow cruisers?  I started looking when I saw the post about big box TA's (which I never heard the term) and see there are better options there. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, darnoc23 said:

Would love to, but i have current booking already and have current issues with refunds that are still pending.  Never explored TA's before thinking Princess will give better prices for members but now I see what I've been missing.  My understanding from the rules of this site is you can't post TAs.  Wandering why?  Isn't it good to share deals to fellow cruisers?  I started looking when I saw the post about big box TA's (which I never heard the term) and see there are better options there. 

There are STILL a lot of people who believe (incorrectly) that travel agencies "are not allowed" to sell cruises at lower prices than the cruise lines. Large, well known on line travel agencies not only offer lower prices, but additional perks like On Board Credit and Specialty Dining over and above what might be offered by the cruise line. Booking directly with the cruise line guarantees that you will pay the HIGHEST price and get the LEAST perks.😉

Not being allowed to mention specific agencies keeps Cruise Critic from becoming nothing more than an advertising venue/battleground.😮 

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, darnoc23 said:

I am not sure what your refund issues have to do with a new booking and getting the best price and perks combination. 

The main reason we cannot post directly about TA recommendations is because the organization that sponsors this website is also an online TA (just look at the links at the top of the page like "Deals" and "Find a Cruise"). 

In terms of finding a TA, many posters will refer to the "Big Box" agency and it is pretty well-known what that store is.  Others like the large agency with many small B&M locations that just had their annual "3-day sale".  Many of us use other independent TA's who often work for online agencies and provide more service than a faceless "Big Box".  The best thing you can do is ask a friend if you have one that cruises Princess a lot and see of they can refer you to someone.  Otherwise, you can ask some fellow cruisers on your next voyage, or ask around at the Meet&Greet session if there is one.  Another option is to try on your own to find agencies that will compete for your business once you know a cruise voyage you wish to book.

• Like 1