Saturday arrival…downtown hotel for Sunday at Logan noonish

Do you need a hotel shuttle to the airport, as that might be hard to come by. Logan is easily accessible by public transit, and is a short cab or Uber ride from downtown.

Staying somewhere like the Marriott Long Wharf puts you kind of the heart of things and a easy trip to Logan. The Fairmont Copley is also a suggestion that gets made frequently. I work next door to it and it is a pretty neighborhood with restaurants and such.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, northernphoenix said:

DH and I are arriving on September 17th (HAL Nieu Statendam); departing Logan to Canada on the 18th noonish.  We would like to enjoy the downtown but do need a shuttle to Logan in the morning…any ideas…TYIA!!

There isn't a hotel downtown with an airport shuttle-- there are hotels by the airport with shuttles to the terminal or there are hotels downtown that you would need to take an Uber/Lyft/Taxi to the airport. 

That being said, if you want to explore downtown, that would be the best place to stay. You would spend more in transportation commuting downtown from the airport hotels than you would by just staying downtown to begin with. 

Even the Fairmont Copley Plaza, which was suggested here and I wholeheartedly agree as a great rec, is about $24 by Uber to the airport and is in Back Bay which is a little further out. Hotels closer to the financial district or Faneuil Hall will be a little bit less in overall cost. 

Based on what you said I would encourage you to stay downtown and just take the Uber to the airport the next day-- it will help you maximize your time in town and it will be more enjoyable than staying at the airport.