Grand - BB to M1 Upgrade Offer Accepted

Grillfish

First time I've accepted an offer from a cruise line to upgrade that cost me $.  This time on the Grand Princess north bound from Vancouver to Whittier in a week.  I had a Baja balcony BB with internet, gratuities, drink package.  The offer was a Club Class mini-suite on Dolphin M1 + retained internet, gratuities and drink package all for $199 pp/$398 wife and I.  7 nights, so about $28 pp per day.  We don't drink, so I'll give the wine away.  Maybe Class Club dinning, in MDR but different section, will be worth it.  We will see.

Only downside, balcony is not covered, and we are cruising AK 😬.  If you see a guy in a rainsuit with binocs standing in the rain on Dolphin deck on his uncovered balcony, that's me getting my money's worth. 😁

My wife and I have not had a vacation together in 2 years and last cruise was in 2018, so I decided to take it, what the heck.  It's only $$$ (I have not told her yet...).

Let's see how it goes.  Safe travels everyone.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Grillfish said:

First time I've accepted an offer from a cruise line to upgrade that cost me $.  This time on the Grand Princess north bound from Vancouver to Whittier in a week.  I had a Baja balcony BB with internet, gratuities, drink package.  The offer was a Club Class mini-suite on Dolphin M1 + retained internet, gratuities and drink package all for $199 pp/$398 wife and I.  7 nights, so about $28 pp per day.  We don't drink, so I'll give the wine away.  Maybe Class Club dinning, in MDR but different section, will be worth it.  We will see.

Only downside, balcony is not covered, and we are cruising AK 😬.  If you see a guy in a rainsuit with binocs standing in the rain on Dolphin deck on his uncovered balcony, that's me getting my money's worth. 😁

My wife and I have not had a vacation together in 2 years and last cruise was in 2018, so I decided to take it, what the heck.  It's only $$$ (I have not told her yet...).

That’s great!  Enjoy…

• Like 1

@GrillfishCC dining is in the Da Vinci dining room, deck 6.  Once you get settled, please come back and let me know who is still staffing CC dining.  I think, by now, all my "friends" have left.

Not a bad upgrade.  Jumped several levels if you went from a Balcony to a Club Class Mini.  Enjoy your cruise and hoping you get clear and pleasant weather.  

10 hours ago, Grillfish said:

That is great that they are upgrading for a minimal amount.  I have noticed on the NB cruise that the port side is remaining unsold.  We are on the 7/6 sailing and starboard has been sold our for a while.  I was wondering if they would do something to fill those cabins.  

6 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

That is great that they are upgrading for a minimal amount.  I have noticed on the NB cruise that the port side is remaining unsold.  We are on the 7/6 sailing and starboard has been sold our for a while.  I was wondering if they would do something to fill those cabins.  

I told them I only will accept if they keep me on the same side of the ship as my current balcony (right/starboard).  And they complied.

• Like 1

We just did a 14 night return from Vancouver on Grand Princess.  While not CC, we were offered a complimentary upgrade to a mini suite which we refused because of no balcony coverage.  Little did we realize we’d need the coverage to protect us from the SUN, not the rain!  We were truly blessed with the weather.

• Like 1