Discovery Princess - HDMI connection

lotus land

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That sounds like they've modified the sets to keep people out.

Try first switching the TV to a news channel before using the toggle switch. For some reason in the past, I seemed to have more success with those channels then any of the others .

I hope it's only on the Discovery. 

I always switch the input while on the news channel, too. 

This is the LG Remote I use to switch the inputs. Perhaps it will work on Discovery. I'm not scheduled to sail on Discovery until April 2024. I've never had a problem on Grand Class ships and on Royal Class I've sailed Regal, Majestic, and Enchanted, the first to give me any kind of issue because how tight the input was. I'll be on Sky in July, and I expect that will work since it launched after Majestic and before Enchanted. 

AmazonSmile: AKB75375604 Replaced Remote for LG Smart TV : Electronics

4 hours ago, kml246 said:

I always switch the input while on the news channel, too. 

This is the LG Remote I use to switch the inputs. Perhaps it will work on Discovery. I'm not scheduled to sail on Discovery until April 2024. I've never had a problem on Grand Class ships and on Royal Class I've sailed Regal, Majestic, and Enchanted, the first to give me any kind of issue because how tight the input was. I'll be on Sky in July, and I expect that will work since it launched after Majestic and before Enchanted. 

AmazonSmile: AKB75375604 Replaced Remote for LG Smart TV : Electronics

I still can't see the need for a universal remote but if it works for you it probably make it faster than fussing around with the toggle switch,

Here is the plug in adapter my husband made to plug in the HDMI cable. 

You could use 1/2 inch pvc but he used some scrap 1/2 inch cpvc since is was a little thinner. Once you insert the cable into the cpvc you can easily push it into the socket and then remove the adapter.

Of course he had to paint it. 😄

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNw27BQJEoKSfAqmGaR4mbGhzxRWiTrssEUL1RL

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPtcVkGOgGH0fUabgmfRniJvj13-T18sIO0QZhp

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I still can't see the need for a universal remote but if it works for you it probably make it faster than fussing around with the toggle switch,

Here is the plug in adapter my husband made to plug in the HDMI cable. 

You could use 1/2 inch pvc but he used some scrap 1/2 inch cpvc since is was a little thinner. Once you insert the cable into the cpvc you can easily push it into the socket and then remove the adapter.

Of course he had to paint it. 😄

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNw27BQJEoKSfAqmGaR4mbGhzxRWiTrssEUL1RL

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPtcVkGOgGH0fUabgmfRniJvj13-T18sIO0QZhp

Thank you, but the links to the photos didn't work. I understand what he did to make it, though. 

Especially in areas where the satellite signal is spotty, I've found if the TV loses the sat signal, the input switches back to the new channel from the HDMI port. With the LG remote, I don't have to get up and play with the toggle again. Isn't my laziness the reason they make remotes? 😁

7 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That's because they were in my cloud. Sorry. 

BEyG7eGu97l9DMODY1ySnYax0NoUK6928Ga-IIO46S2UJgaATsEpTg3wRt8MaWzzWfpG7m4fugXlkVI_P30iN-fOLPqe0QaGxZAg1WNuWDSw3QRlwIwbtlzH-DoZTsW18sH98wUJEozhWwEuIpLgveFekUZ7HJNFZMg7qNLzxdxa9rFN49vcekr6Eb7wRD3qCsyseA5XuX8JF72qZjMbTIMr_Xz_2WHQAm4YYm2IOq4BF2n4LpBuqC-tIncuHB0_XryLdJWaUKJ-nV18XE_S2khyfgx7QgdyDmRfyAjSQaydTHLkFpM1sYSNi_YWGvqPqTmrao_VW48ClQy0LiRdLouCZvvq1nQ0sHHN5eNqxobTxSPGowlQqkfs6wyWkBMLS3U_b2Ys_lzkVwvsAW6ozyOHMVG95vogj1G_b7nD1P_CHbz-dGnntEw7ZF7r9ynS-Qy5wlT8MYK76id963C5GB13prpXTPWtfOH6CDIcE1_XhL6Y9djR5fYEH37jh9Uifmf5IgjiES0lwH_y3rjzSZ3d01XH4pK-Eb8Iq6VMjuQ96IWMCQFQcdbqiqMX0aL30nWnjDOOY7E6psW_FNrWogxJP-s-t359aqAKxWSGNOh0Uq4oAOkvWtojriPvEn3wUwgc7ZfsztiBXN3aFH9G-2qY6GOCgC9x9Si3t004Qq3LA7MrZwpBpuOosCjsXpzUDgdXtHIoDDATfXIm_GRE5uPcuDKizchqsxTMeDsN2K1dvT5WvfRWSt_8rUGM8iJNmt_05DxmO5CuKH2cJ_OXYL54yOT4cnPFh8pC_Gp53VA21X55qrQRYeTBY3VLp-LTmv4eqKn1bhDIApzPz7x5cGcN0esF8kxWmsGxVkCcWMly_RtrA_m29H1w7vrmsccerEpIQGtafPFnwkBp3qtXFxmQr-s58DNBx4_XHmIfvpdqzxctBgHX5sNpO3b7ZGAKKhw70MQQcf9K_def6bvD=w1367-h639-no?authuser=0

6PdlBd3mZwdnmE1M8unUaQrdc2i7XnOmJNJ1YqPOFgzEQa4IaKsjzgW5KElSCOU6LxWjbVeg8CJpDUmpDAn6ZbaYEn_1h8vBqQvrtsDVx7a1M0MkP4grbizh__Ufe0GvBkiwncWFtq6fAcrIwKoOz7iYPXziWj6AfT8VLhgSxhc2tLma-Y9rObcPEQoLTu3K48uafaXzFcV4h0pn0IBUA7oQaWNJqNn4wvXiHxclcoF6qUk7KqxLl1NEeXUQaR1yumLbs2meOoZbgXhava8cUwTa7ZQDKB4HiT5017VnnX1wONEUEz1NFgKrKQ5vpvqr4-wMgkKzxTE9X7XO4uSugIGC-nu7kmeAr-80XsDsEsd5VJH-inqHY6-fn0HHaRA0CyqBvfbFUZBUR_WzhBqmjpVuvQ96c4yYcuVfJdAOtizaNuf9Hex2h8-fGGJ324JaDhblI7AwKWmN0xEJwwb2_xxWkCenG6dlXuB_GaLEUPGSPKb7v_e_rxXvi6UUFyUziAxhJLzC090sRxrNbkhFRuvNxEjzqoY8ml-KaDzxwc3hx9W-xy4Qjdufo4fUkGJHic1t3xMUBg7_jhTrmaLjjRQ2geg0DT5-GJMJcOo9x3yX3F9YFE9J-7iB42mZs3J5SvBsDg0hHTChW0wZ8jwzgh8PR6Ror4SkjYZuiMblISvyLXoVU4CM7jAT7WZY9Sp_5oZUrmYem_FFyK1Ldum0spC6lYoaUrAgoBxT7BL21YplkVbHjDO_5c08F-9wHXft5eBGlYMSZlSkjHl5J9zjsTiLf8LmR06vsnSegoaBIj102rq2F0Cc5-Fq1V-m4FxB0LONesKOgstLhLmSd9AqYWdvACiiXexjmf8hHU75FE-TdyScCS-OtBPhiKJ47FspRzQRvWEtmlqTSuIglocEy6AEgYD-8KcqF4m0RapkvefsY-REYKLH2waYiGnCPpyEfVAnnK3MI7EDme1N4Duw=w1367-h639-no?authuser=0

Thanks. I was wondering how he got the end through the tube. That explains it. 

Kudos on the paint job!

Kevin

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That sounds like they've modified the sets to keep people out.

Try first switching the TV to a news channel before using the toggle switch. For some reason in the past, I seemed to have more success with those channels then any of the others .

I hope it's only on the Discovery. 

I was not able to find the toggle switch on the Discovery TV. On other Princess ships that I sailed in the past, I had no problem finding that switch. 

2 minutes ago, kml246 said:

Thanks. I was wondering how he got the end through the tube. That explains it. 

Kudos on the paint job!

Kevin

It's only his prototype at this point and might not work. 

We'll know in Dec.

Hopefully it'll work out and I won't have to squeeze my smaller hand behind the TV any more.

• Like 1

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

I was not able to find the toggle switch on the Discovery TV. On other Princess ships that I sailed in the past, I had no problem finding that switch. 

Was the Discovery TV from LG? 

The link to the remote I posted is inexpensive. Hopefully that will work. When I use that I don't need to touch the toggle. 

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

It's only his prototype at this point and might not work. 

We'll know in Dec.

Hopefully it'll work out and I won't have to squeeze my smaller hand behind the TV any more.

Fingers crossed. Let us know how it goes. I have to squeeze my non-so-small hands behind them!

• Haha 1

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

I might not be correct but I'm almost sure there is a toggle switch on the bottom front of the TV.

I haven't seen a ship without one yet. 

It's not obvious.

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I might not be correct but I'm almost sure there is a toggle switch on the bottom front of the TV.

I haven't seen a ship without one yet. 

It's not obvious.

Yes, that toggle switch on the bottom front of the TV is not obvious, but I was able to find it every time on other Princess ships and successfully did my HDMI connection.

Currently, I am on Discovery, and that toggle switch is definitely not there!

9 hours ago, kml246 said:

Especially in areas where the satellite signal is spotty, I've found if the TV loses the sat signal, the input switches back to the new channel from the HDMI port. With the LG remote, I don't have to get up and play with the toggle again. Isn't my laziness the reason they make remotes? 😁

My father felt that was the reason they made kids...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Yes, that toggle switch on the bottom front of the TV is not obvious, but I was able to find it every time on other Princess ships and successfully did my HDMI connection.

Currently, I am on Discovery, and that toggle switch is definitely not there!

Any chance you can get the brand and maybe model of the TV? I'll see what I can dig up.

Thanks,

Kevin

5 hours ago, kml246 said:

Any chance you can get the brand and maybe model of the TV? I'll see what I can dig up.

Thanks,

Kevin

It is a LG brand TV. Don’t see anything in front identifying the model. Maybe in the back of the TV might have model number, but I was not able to see the back. 

14 hours ago, kml246 said:

Was the Discovery TV from LG? 

The link to the remote I posted is inexpensive. Hopefully that will work. When I use that I don't need to touch the toggle. 

Yes, it is a LG TV. I will be on the Discovery until 11/14. I was hoping someone might know a solution so I can do the HDMI connection now. I will check out the link for the remote after I get home from my current cruise, so will be available for future cruises. 

My next cruise will be 27 days on the Majestic Princess. Hopefully the TV on that ship has the toggle switch. 

On 11/5/2022 at 2:20 AM, chubbypiggy said:

Yes, it is a LG TV. I will be on the Discovery until 11/14. I was hoping someone might know a solution so I can do the HDMI connection now. I will check out the link for the remote after I get home from my current cruise, so will be available for future cruises. 

My next cruise will be 27 days on the Majestic Princess. Hopefully the TV on that ship has the toggle switch. 

LG has an app for smartphone control of their TVs. Check the app store (IOS) or Google Play (Android) and download the app.

Majestic has the toggle switch.

6 hours ago, kml246 said:

LG has an app for smartphone control of their TVs. Check the app store (IOS) or Google Play (Android) and download the app.

On my 1st day, I already downloaded a few app and tried it.  It kept saying the mobile phone and the TV has to use the same network to communicate. I don’t know what is the TV’s network. I tried with the free MNET Wi-Fi and also the paid Wi-Fi, and both didn’t work. 

6 hours ago, kml246 said:

You were on Majestic and used the toggle switch? Recently?  Thanks. 

On 11/4/2022 at 11:12 PM, chubbypiggy said:

It is a LG brand TV. Don’t see anything in front identifying the model. Maybe in the back of the TV might have model number, but I was not able to see the back. 

'm in a minisuite on the Crown. Easy to see the model. Pretty sure this is what is on the other ships.I

IMG_3658.jpeg