1 Free Specialty Dining

macaroni

Have this as a perk…..how do I book this ahead of time? Or do I have to wait until onboard. I prefer to book my restaurants early. Can I book and pay and then have them adjust payment once onboard? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Have this as a perk…..how do I book this ahead of time? Or do I have to wait until onboard. I prefer to book my restaurants early. Can I book and pay and then have them adjust payment once onboard? Thanks!

I was able to book our free specialty in the app without being charged for it. Your mileage many vary, but hopefully you can do the same. Won't know until you try. 😃

13 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Not sure how well the credit for paying in advance has been working, I had this special and had no problem booking it in the app and it didn't charge me.

1 hour ago, donswife said:

Those who were able to book without being charged,  was it before or after final payment?

it was before final payment but we are premier and can book earlier

20 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Is there a dollar amount as to which restaurant you can book?

No but we would definitely recommend Crown Grill.  My husband LOVED everything at Sabatini’s, him being a seafood fanatic, while I HATED everything, being a picky non-seafood fan.  We booked our specialty dining perk in advance which was charged to our credit card and refunded on board.

4 hours ago, macaroni said:

Here’s my March experience on Discovery attempting to book a complimentary specialty dinner both before & after final payment.

The app did not recognize our comped dinners so decided to pay for it in advance for the first evening of the inaugural cruise. Went to Guest Services for either refundable credit or a chargecard credit. GS supervisor decided to give a CC credit within 2 weeks. On day 13 there was no CC refund so GS begrudgingly issued a $28/pp refundable credit to our folio. Unfortunately our refund check was shortchanged by $65 with Princess unwilling to correct their mistake.

In the future I would never again go through this procedure & take my chances with booking onboard if the app didn’t recognize a complimentary dinner.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1