Bologna to Ravenna private transfer question

kent4489

Hello, 
Quick question. Has anyone used a private transfer from Bologna (not airport) to Ravenna pier? I would really appreciate a recommendation.

Due to weather delay, we missed our flight to Venice. We rerouted to Paris on the last flight to Europe last night from Philadelphia. We were not able to get a flight to Venice today, but got the last 2 seats to Bologna. We’re getting ready to depart Paris now. Were exhausted and just want to get to hotel, shower and crash. So tomorrow, we need to transfer to Ravenna port on our own. I would love to know a reliable company to use. 
Thank you!

Try the GetTransfer app. Not necessarily an inexpensive transfer, but a useful tool to start your search. Unfortunately at such short notice, you might find options limited.

If you are at airport hotel, they may be able to assist you in your quest. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

Hello, 
Quick question. Has anyone used a private transfer from Bologna (not airport) to Ravenna pier? I would really appreciate a recommendation.

Due to weather delay, we missed our flight to Venice. We rerouted to Paris on the last flight to Europe last night from Philadelphia. We were not able to get a flight to Venice today, but got the last 2 seats to Bologna. We’re getting ready to depart Paris now. Were exhausted and just want to get to hotel, shower and crash. So tomorrow, we need to transfer to Ravenna port on our own. I would love to know a reliable company to use. 
Thank you!

So sorry to hear of the challenges you have had on this holiday already, lets hope it picks up from now on.

I think the suggestion to ask the hotel reception for recommendations is a good one, often a small local company is better than a larger one appearing on an app

Good luck!

• Like 1

If nothing else, the app might give an idea of what to expect, and may serve as a fallback if the hotel is either unable to help, or finds a much more expensive service. 

• Like 2

We are using Day Trip from Venice to Ravenna. They have private cars from Bologna to Ravenna. Check them out at: mydaytrip/landing/bologna-to-ravenna

Email:  daytrip@mydaytrip.com

Good luck!

• Like 4

Thanks everyone.

We’re in Bologna, showered and in bed. Exhausted! I’m going to try to work on this, but afraid I may fall asleep.

I asked the hotel. They can book someone for 200 euro. Sounds a little high, but may just go with it. 
I downloaded the Get Transfers app. I’m not quite sure how it works. If I CLICK “get offers”, am I committing?

I also went to the mayday trip site. It will not accept my date so maybe because they have no availability? I lost sent an email.

We’ll get there some way! We have Azamara transfers from Venice airport, but obviously won’t be there. Not sure how to contact them to let them know.

8 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

Thanks everyone.

We’re in Bologna, showered and in bed. Exhausted! I’m going to try to work on this, but afraid I may fall asleep.

I asked the hotel. They can book someone for 200 euro. Sounds a little high, but may just go with it. 
I downloaded the Get Transfers app. I’m not quite sure how it works. If I CLICK “get offers”, am I committing?

I also went to the mayday trip site. It will not accept my date so maybe because they have no availability? I lost sent an email.

We’ll get there some way! We have Azamara transfers from Venice airport, but obviously won’t be there. Not sure how to contact them to let them know.

For contacting Azamara there should in your travel documents be details of the various Azamara emergency contacts that apply for your booking and you can call them. If you’ve not got the numbers maybe post on your roll call and someone in Venice or en route will see the post and help. 
Glad you are in Italy even though it’s stressful- that’s the main thing

Sleep well

Sorry don’t know the mayday site can’t help there 

11 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

You ask for offers, and accept the one that suits you best. No commitment until you confirm acceptance. €200 is high

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

For contacting Azamara there should in your travel documents be details of the various Azamara emergency contacts that apply for your booking and you can call them. If you’ve not got the numbers maybe post on your roll call and someone in Venice or en route will see the post and help. 
Glad you are in Italy even though it’s stressful- that’s the main thing

Sleep well

Sorry don’t know the mayday site can’t help there 

Oops, I meant the mydaytrip site mentioned above.

Yes, we’re glad we’re here too. We figured we were better off getting somewhere in Europe by today.  We agreed to the change of destination and accepted having to get ourselves to Venice (or Bologna, as it turned out). Didn’t think it would be so difficult or expensive. Two tickets CDG to Bologna was over 1200 euro! Not to mention the fact that we’re paying for 2 hotels tonight, one here and one in Venice. Oh well, we won’t let it spoil our trip.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blag said:

You ask for offers, and accept the one that suits you best. No commitment until you confirm acceptance. €200 is high

Ok, I will try it. Do you think they are reliable and will show up on time?

12 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

Ok, I will try it. Do you think they are reliable and will show up on time?

I cannot vouch for them.

I have future bookings via their system, but no experience. 

35 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

Thanks again. My husband just booked a driver with hotel reception. So, all sorted. Just want to arrive tomorrow relaxed after the past couple of days.

I can certainly understand that – in general, and in your case double!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blag said:

Try the app Train Timetable Italy.

There are frequent and low-cost reliable trains from Bologna Centrale to Ravenna. Taxi to and from stations.

Simples.

I would also have taken the train from Bologna to Ravenna. They run quite frequently and are much cheaper than a driver. SBB.ch shows the time table. 

Glad you have it sorted.  I wanted to jump in about taking the train from Bologna.  It’s easy and cheap.  The problem is it’s NOT simple to get a taxi in Ravenna if there is high demand such as a ship embarking. There are very few taxis there, and virtually none on a Sunday.  We and about 400 other passengers learned that the hard way on a RCCL cruise in May.  There was such a melee at the station that the local police called the ship and demanded Royal send buses.  They finally did, and we barely made sailaway. Hopefully Azamara has planned better.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I can certainly understand that – in general, and in your case double!

On our way. Refreshed and relaxed. Driver was ready and waiting for us when  we came downstairs. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1