Make 9am Kenai Fjord tour from cruise port?

katrina915

I am arriving on Celebrity Millennium at 5am on Friday, July 15 in Seward. I would like to take the  9am 8.5 hour Kenai Fjord Northwestern tour. Major Marines shuttles start at the cruise port at 7am so that sounds like I could make the 9am tour. I would prefer to take the longer tour for puffins and other wildlife if I can make this time. Does anyone have experience making this tour on disembarkation day in Seward or remember what time walk offs started? Thanks.

Edited by katrina915

Seward is a very small community and you can see the Major Marine check in facility (in the Harbor 360 hotel) from the ship.   Unless there is a major (and I mean MAJOR storm in the Gulf of Alaska) you will have no problems.  My recollection is that walk off from the Millennium will start around 7 AM.

PS: The ship is gorgeous.

When my daughter last took the early tour pre-Covid,  Kenai Fjords had a kiosk set up in the terminal when you left the cruise.  They had her wait with them and shuttled her to the tour.  You might enquire if that’s the same set-up this year.

Edited by Suzanne123

• 1 month later...

I asked if folks on Radiance could make this tour since the operator (Kenai Fjords Tour run by Pursuit) wants you to check in at 8 for the 9am tour.  After I booked they emailed me that folks were having problems getting checked in on time (no idea why they need a checkin an hour before the tour).

Folks on Radiance of the Seas reported that getting off by 8 was iffy.   So I moved our tour to the 11:30 departure.  Won't know for a few weeks if we could have made the original time but we didn't have to worry about luggage.

There are two companies the do this tour.  Hope yours went well.

I am back from my trip and had no issues making 9am tour. Major Marines starts shuttle at 7am to cruise dock.  I walked off before then and walked over to the major marines check in in the 360 hotel.  On the the northwestern tour, saw bubble net feeding, puffins,  porpoises,otters and more. Great tour.

Took the park connection bus to Anchorage right after to get to the airport.  Bus was okay but wasn't the most comfortable. 

• 2 weeks later...