Cheers and NA Beer

cfreas

I am researching for a friend.  We are traveling on Freedom 10/20/22.  She has the opportunity to book with the Cheers to You Package RU2.  Her husband is a recovering alcoholic (20+ years)  He drinks NA beer and we are trying to find out if this is included in the list of Non- Alcoholic drinks covered by the package or if maybe it will count towards the 15 drinks . . .basically if allowed at all in any amount by the package.

From the Carnival Site:

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

• All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price 
  • Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages
  • Packaged water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items
  • Like 1

My cautionary tale...it DOES come with Cheers, but supply chain issues may mean it's not available onboard (as was the case on our Horizon cruise in February).  The bartender told us that the Heinekin NA had not been available for quite a while, even though it's mentioned on the menus. Perhaps things have improved since then!?

12 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

My cautionary tale...it DOES come with Cheers, but supply chain issues may mean it's not available onboard (as was the case on our Horizon cruise in February).  The bartender told us that the Heinekin NA had not been available for quite a while, even though it's mentioned on the menus. Perhaps things have improved since then!?

On another cruise line.  Heineken NA was plentiful in April. While not the best tasting of NAs available on land (Athlete, BrewDog and Brooklyn are way better).  beats the heck out of the Buckler they used to push.

19 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

From the Carnival Site:

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

• All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price 
  • Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages
  • Packaged water in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

I have seen this but while it says non alcoholic it bottled beverages I have read mixed outcomes.  And as some earlier said it counts against he 15 drink limit which seems odd.

15 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

This is not good!  We did try to call and add to stateroom and they don't offer NA to be delivered to stateroom.  I hope this is not because they don't have!

Reading Carnival's Liquor & Beverage policy, it would seem to me that you can bring on your own NA beer just like any other canned or carton drinks they allow. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with that?

On 6/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, mz-s said:

Reading Carnival's Liquor & Beverage policy, it would seem to me that you can bring on your own NA beer just like any other canned or carton drinks they allow. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with that?

I am calling on that again, the issue we have is that we seem to get differing opinions

12 minutes ago, cfreas said:

I am calling on that again, the issue we have is that we seem to get differing opinions

NA Beer is probably a judgement call since it falls under both categories - it is beer (meaning you can't bring it on) and non-alcoholic (meaning you can).

Several years ago brought some NA beer in carry on for a Carnival cruise out of Baltimore.  Security tried to confiscate it.  I spent several minutes trying to explain it was non-alcoholic.  They finally relented and let us take it on.  Never tried again, just didn't was the hassle--apparently I embarrassed my daughter!

30 minutes ago, kmr444 said:

Several years ago brought some NA beer in carry on for a Carnival cruise out of Baltimore.  Security tried to confiscate it.  I spent several minutes trying to explain it was non-alcoholic.  They finally relented and let us take it on.  Never tried again, just didn't was the hassle--apparently I embarrassed my daughter!

That's where I'm at, it simply not worth the hassle.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, mz-s said:

Although not Carnival, I did take a 12-pack of Karbach Free & Easy on a Royal Caribbean cruise in December. No one said anything.

I should note though, that nobody was working the drink check table. So they didn't check my 2 bottles of wine either.  Or my roommates 2 bottles carefully spaced about 10 people behind me in the line.

15 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

Although not Carnival, I did take a 12-pack of Karbach Free & Easy on a Royal Caribbean cruise in December. No one said anything.

I should note though, that nobody was working the drink check table. So they didn't check my 2 bottles of wine either.  Or my roommates 2 bottles carefully spaced about 10 people behind me in the line.

I love the Karbach Free and Easy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CruiseBro16 said:

I love the Karbach Free and Easy. 

I do too. I'm now a sucker for a good NA IPA. It's about #5 for me. And the only local one.

1. Athletic - Run Wild IPA

2. Athletic - Free Wave Hazy IPA

3. Untitled Art - Juicy IPA

4. Untitled Art - West Coast IPA

5. Karbach - Free & Easy IPA