Maho - Driftwood Boat Bar or Sunset Grill

11 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Heading there in a few weeks, anyone have up to date information??   Which is better?  How to get there, and back?  What time should I be there to insure a good chair?   Any other thoughts or opinions??   TIA

We were just there late April during our port stop. Go to the taxi stand. Purchase round trip tickets (they'll give you a wrist band) and direct you to ones going to Maho. Shared Taxi's usually hold about 8 people. We got to Maho about 11:00 easily got a table by the rail overlooking the beach and runway. Just after that it started filling up very fast. We've been to Maho several times and actually prefer Sunset Bar. They have a board that shows arrivals...luckily we saw 3 large planes and several small island hoppers. When you're ready to leave just go out front and you'll be directed into a shared taxi van again. We opt to be dropped off in town instead of back to the taxi stand. To get back to the ship use the water taxi at the end of the pier. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware that if you go to Sunset, the chairs are being rented by some dubious actors.  They told us $20 for the chairs and "I'll come by and give you a massage".  They made it seem like it was included but at the end of the 15 minute foot massage, they wanted another $45 and were very insistent.  I should have pushed the point because the women interrupted the service when they saw the "tax man" then returned when he was apparently gone.  I have been to St. Martin/St. Maarten many times and never experienced such pushy locals.  They practically dragged you into the shops downtown.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 6:13 AM, teacherman said:

Approximately what is the cost p/p for the rt tickets from pier to Maho/Sunset Bar?

I believe we paid $14.00 pp for our round trip from pier to Sunset Bar this past March.