NCL Shuttle pick up times at Orlando airport

What time does the NCL shuttle transfer to the Port of Canaveral pick up at the Orlando airport? Is there more than one shuttle?

The ship leaves the port at 6:00pm on a Saturday. Obviously, no real rush to get there.  

We get in late the night before and are staying at the airport, so we'll already be at the airport the next morning.  Don't want to transfer to the port at night after the plane lands. 

Thanks in advance.  

3 minutes ago, Upper Deck Dad said:

What time does the NCL shuttle transfer to the Port of Canaveral pick up at the Orlando airport? Is there more than one shuttle?

The ship leaves the port at 6:00pm on a Saturday. Obviously, no real rush to get there.  

We get in late the night before and are staying at the airport, so we'll already be at the airport the next morning.  Don't want to transfer to the port at night after the plane lands. 

Thanks in advance.  

All day back and forth.  

Keep in mind first shuttles will be from ship full with departing passengers.

Only issue with shuttle is they don't leave till full as a rule.

Transfers not tied directly to a flight can be a little tricky - I'm assuming you made your own flight arrangements?  You have a few options. 

I believe you can enter your flight info when you do your check-in.  Find a flight that arrives when you want to leave and enter it, they will be expecting you near baggage check when that flight arrives.

Go to your roll call and ask when others with NCL flights are arriving - again, show up at baggage claim.

Or you can wing it and just search for a NCL representative near baggage claim. 8:30 or 9 seems to be a common starting time for busses but I've seen representatives as early as 6am.

In any case, make sure you have your edocs with your transfer info - sometimes their list isn't accurate, especially if you booked the transfer but not your flight through NCL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Upper Deck Dad said:

Thanks in advance.  

The "Shuttle" are full size 50-passenger motor coaches. The first motor coach is not allowed to leave until the ship is cleared for boarding (around 10:30 am). 

The buses leave when they are full. Since there are a lot of people arriving early in the morning, the first buses leave quickly once released. Later, you may have to wait for a bus to fill. 

If your ship sails at 6:00 pm, all aboard is 4:00 pm. The trip from MCO to the port is 45 minutes to an hour (depending on traffic). So the last bus would be 2:30ish (maybe a bit later). So, be careful with the "no rush" since you may be left catching a taxi, hoping that they allow you to board the ship if you miss the last bus. 

• Like 1

We did this last November. Stayed overnight at the airport. We were told first shuttle would leave at 11am...got to the lounge at 10am and were put straight on a shuttle...took 45mins...did our covid test and then straight on the ship a good hour before our check in time.

They run every hour or so but will leave as soon as they are full.

Our cruise out of Port Canaveral leaves on Saturday November 19 at 4pm, and we are flying in the day before and staying at an airport area hotel. We haven't booked a shuttle yet. Does it matter which one we book? Is it important to book the shuttle through NCL? I've seen other shuttles that are cheaper that the $75 round trip that NCL charges. And where do we meet the shuttle busses?

7 minutes ago, btc1951 said:

Our cruise out of Port Canaveral leaves on Saturday November 19 at 4pm, and we are flying in the day before and staying at an airport area hotel. We haven't booked a shuttle yet. Does it matter which one we book? Is it important to book the shuttle through NCL? I've seen other shuttles that are cheaper that the $75 round trip that NCL charges. And where do we meet the shuttle busses?

Depends on the shuttle. Some will pick you up at the hotel.

Others from airport.

Uber may be a good option.

35 minutes ago, btc1951 said:

Our hotel offers a free shuttle back to the airport, but my question is where at the airport do we catch the shuttle to the cruise port?

Arrival terminals usually but....they may also have a dedicated parking slot at each terminal for shuttle pick up

52 minutes ago, btc1951 said:

Our hotel offers a free shuttle back to the airport, but my question is where at the airport do we catch the shuttle to the cruise port?

We stayed at an airport hotel the night prior to our PC cruise and had a shuttle pick us up at the hotel. No need to go back to the airport.  There are many shuttle options on the Florida Departures forum on Cruise Critic. We chose a private car service that was great...met us in the lobby, loaded our luggage and we had a very relaxing start to our cruise. Took the NCL shuttle back to PC as we needed to go to the airport to rent a car. First bus left PC at 9am, we were at MCO by 9:50 and as soon as we were off, they started reloading to go back.

17 hours ago, btc1951 said:

Just for your information, I was checking on a package for my daughter who lives in NC. Check out Go Port on google. I booked her a hotel and transportation package. She lands in Orlando and calls the hotel (La Quinta), they come to the airport and pick her up to take her to the hotel. The next morning she gets a free breakfast and the hotel shuttle bus takes her to Port Canaveral to meet us for the cruise. After the cruise, a bus transports her to the Orlando airport to fly back home. All this comes to $201 including the hotel. I can't say how the service or the hotel will be, but I thought it would be worth a try.

• 3 months later...

There’s a reason cruise lines want to know your full travel itinerary if they didn’t book it for you.   I’ve never gotten off a plane and gone to baggage claim without a cruise shuttle person coming and looking for me.   They know your flight number.  They don’t want you on board any later than you do.  And there are shuttles making the rounds at the hotels as well.