Covid "up to date + Certificat of recovery"

vivacolonia

Good morning to everyone,

hope you are well and expecting a nice week. My DW and I will go in August on the Reflection Istanbul Cruise. So we are exiting right know.

There are some differnt news we got, an right now I am not shure what is right an what not So maybe you know better then I do.

We both are up to date (two shots + Booster) and got Covid. So we got an Certification of Recovery. And now the big question. To we have to present by boarding an negativ testing or can we enter without showing a new actuall antigent or PCR negativ testing?

Thank you in advance

Frank

We will be boarding July 9 with a certificate of recovery and a printout of a positive test result from within the 90-day prior to completion of cruise time frame.  It is my impression that we do not have to provide a negative pre-cruise covid test as the point of this process above is because even though we are recovered from covid, we could still test positive for covid within 90 days of having had covid, yet we are recovered and not contagious to others.

We are on B2B cruises, so it's especially important for us personally to use the certificate of recovery and previously-positive test result to board because if Celebrity requires testing between the two cruises and we test positive, that would mean we would have to disembark, but using a CofR and previously-positive test result, we won't have to be tested.

This is for us traveling beginning and ending in Fort Lauderdale.

This is what the Celebrity web site says:

Beginning with sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record. Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. For more details, please visit our FAQs.

8 hours ago, vivacolonia said:

Good morning to everyone,

hope you are well and expecting a nice week. My DW and I will go in August on the Reflection Istanbul Cruise. So we are exiting right know.

There are some differnt news we got, an right now I am not shure what is right an what not So maybe you know better then I do.

We both are up to date (two shots + Booster) and got Covid. So we got an Certification of Recovery. And now the big question. To we have to present by boarding an negativ testing or can we enter without showing a new actuall antigent or PCR negativ testing?

Thank you in advance

Frank

For boarding on Celebrity you need your Positive PCR Test result from a proctored source plus your Certificate of Recovery.     They do not accept an antigen.  

The U.S. accepted an antigen when I used it for return to the U.S. but testing coming into U.S. has of course been discontinued. 

I have just asked the same question and had a direct reply from celebrity saying you still need to produce a negative antigen test before boarding, as we were planning just to use the COR, but have now booked antigen tests. 

B4633DF5-DD2B-4C46-8263-9D5E9208FBE9.thumb.jpeg.1a843124b8b6657f627462140ca9c999.jpeg

• Thanks 1

thank you to you all.

We will sail 15th August the Med Cruise with Istanbul.

I got later today the Feedback, from Celeb that the PCR Test + COR is enought to board. But I was told to call 14 days prio to sailing to ask again. Maybe the regulations will change.

For greece I find no requierments right knwo. Turkey I am not sure. Does anyone kow what they require in Turkey?

2 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

I have just asked the same question and had a direct reply from celebrity saying you still need to produce a negative antigen test before boarding, as we were planning just to use the COR, but have now booked antigen tests. 

B4633DF5-DD2B-4C46-8263-9D5E9208FBE9.thumb.jpeg.1a843124b8b6657f627462140ca9c999.jpeg

Where does your cruise start from, I'm wondering if that's the case for all cruise departure ports?

Or maybe 'Sam' doesn't know what she's talking about? Their website doesn't 'suggest', it clearly states a COR replaces the pre cruise test! 

We originally thought it was 90 days (below from Celebrity website states 180 days) and some in our party caught covid last week...we were about to pay for PCR tests/COR so we can avoid testing before cruise in a few months. So a bit of clarity from Celebrity would be nice haha

For cruises originating in Italy:

Sailing Testing Requirements:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result in order to board their sailing.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. 
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. 
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present either a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing or have the option to be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation. 

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***

7 minutes ago, vivacolonia said:

thank you to you all.

We will sail 15th August the Med Cruise with Istanbul.

I got later today the Feedback, from Celeb that the PCR Test + COR is enought to board. But I was told to call 14 days prio to sailing to ask again. Maybe the regulations will change.

For greece I find no requierments right knwo. Turkey I am not sure. Does anyone kow what they require in Turkey?

I would suggest checking this website for info on Turkey (the update on the page today was a June 2).   https://www.ivisa.com/turkey-blog/turkey-covid-entry-requirements

When we visited Istanbul a few years ago (our disembarkation port), we had to have an e-visa.

11 minutes ago, OysterD said:

Where does your cruise start from, I'm wondering if that's the case for all cruise departure ports?

Or maybe 'Sam' doesn't know what she's talking about? Their website doesn't 'suggest', it clearly states a COR replaces the pre cruise test! 

We originally thought it was 90 days (below from Celebrity website states 180 days) and some in our party caught covid last week...we were about to pay for PCR tests/COR so we can avoid testing before cruise in a few months. So a bit of clarity from Celebrity would be nice haha

For cruises originating in Italy:

Sailing Testing Requirements:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result in order to board their sailing.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. 
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. 
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present either a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing or have the option to be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation. 

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***

Yes I have read that so many times and thought we would be ok, but something made me double check.   I quoted the COR information to Sam and as you can see this was the reply. I have decided it’s just easier to get tested than to start the cruise arguing. We start from Civitavecchia in just over 2 weeks. 

52 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

I would suggest checking this website for info on Turkey (the update on the page today was a June 2).   https://www.ivisa.com/turkey-blog/turkey-covid-entry-requirements

When we visited Istanbul a few years ago (our disembarkation port), we had to have an e-visa.

I would be a little wary of that website, it appears to be a scam.

I cannot find anywhere else where it states you must fill out a passenger locator form for entry to Turkey. It looks like you once had to, but you don't need to now. I've checked several UK airline websites for their travel advice if going to Turkey and they all state there are no requirements. I've also checked official UK Home Office (govt) guidance on travel to Turkey and it states there are no covid related requirements. Same with Turkish Airlines.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/turkey-travel-rules/

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

https://www.jet2.com/en/flights/safe-travel/travel-requirements/turkey

Even if that 'ivisa.com' website simply made an honest mistake and forgot to take down that the passenger locator form is required, it's an absolute scam to try and charge people to fill it in. When it was necessary, it was free.

Also, a visa is not required by a British citizen to visit Turkey (citizens of different countries may have different requirements, best to double check). "British Citizens travelling to Turkey for tourist or business purposes are able to travel without a visa for visits of up to 90 days in any 180-day period."

Edited by OysterD

We are going to sail out of Rome for a back to back voyages.  We are both vaccinated and boosted ... And recovered from COVID.  We have a letter of recovery from our MDs and copies of our positive PCR results. We are hoping to not have to test so we do not have to stress out before or during our cruises.  Has anyone experienced back to back cruises and only had to show the paperwork of recovery? 

15 minutes ago, whirlybird3 said:

We are going to sail out of Rome for a back to back voyages.  We are both vaccinated and boosted ... And recovered from COVID.  We have a letter of recovery from our MDs and copies of our positive PCR results. We are hoping to not have to test so we do not have to stress out before or during our cruises.  Has anyone experienced back to back cruises and only had to show the paperwork of recovery? 

Yes - reported several times.  Just be aware that some countries and ports do not accept a certificate of recovery so you need to check for specific requirements for each port/country.

Also make sure the letter from your doctors meet all the requirements.   Some countries require a QR code on the certificate. 

Happy sailing 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat