Bar Harbor Tender Port

gravitar

I did search but couldn't find the answer. Sorry in advance if it was obvious and I simply missed it.

Does the NCL tender arrive at the town pier? I am unable to find the address for it if it does. I have seen some reports that there is a steep hill and long walk from the pier to the town center and others that say the town pier is at the waterfront in the village.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

5 minutes ago, gravitar said:

I did search but couldn't find the answer. Sorry in advance if it was obvious and I simply missed it.

Does the NCL tender arrive at the town pier? I am unable to find the address for it if it does. I have seen some reports that there is a steep hill and long walk from the pier to the town center and others that say the town pier is at the waterfront in the village.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

While you are waiting for answers here, check out the Canada/NE ports of call forum.  Lots of good info available.  Link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/9-canadanew-england/

The pier that the tender brings you to Bar Harbor is right next to the Fish House Grill.  Their website states that they are on the Town Pier.  Hope this helps.

As far as the streets in the area, yes there is an incline to them, but there not too bad and stores and restaurants are probably only a block or so from the waterfront and the crossing streets aren't steep.

We were on the Pearl a couple of weeks ago and my wife and I walked around without any problems.

Flip

1 hour ago, TheycallmeFlip said:

The pier that the tender brings you to Bar Harbor is right next to the Fish House Grill.  Their website states that they are on the Town Pier.  Hope this helps.

As far as the streets in the area, yes there is an incline to them, but there not too bad and stores and restaurants are probably only a block or so from the waterfront and the crossing streets aren't steep.

We were on the Pearl a couple of weeks ago and my wife and I walked around without any problems.

Flip

Agree with this,  town starts literally across the street from where the tender dock is and the town is on a slight incline, but should be OK unless you have major mobility challenges 

• Like 1

If you are worried about inclines, there is a ramp from the tender dock to ground level. When we were there last week that ramp was at a steep incline and was difficult for people with mobility issues. Not impossible, just challenging. 

7 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

If you are worried about inclines, there is a ramp from the tender dock to ground level. When we were there last week that ramp was at a steep incline and was difficult for people with mobility issues. Not impossible, just challenging. 

This is good information that I forgot about. Yes, this depends on the tides. Sometimes it is not as steep. They have a nice set up at the port. Once you get off the dock there are restrooms and benches if anyone needs a break before heading up the street. Since we had previously been to Acadia, the next time we went to Bar Harbor (May 2022) we just strolled along the waterfront before heading up the street for lobster rolls. We found a deli that had boxed lunches. They had good lobster rolls that we ate while sitting on a bench and enjoying the nice day. I was really glad they added this stop to our Bermuda cruise.