Shore excursion credit for transfers?

Spudd

I have $50 of shore excursion credit on my upcoming cruise but none of the excursions are really calling my name. I suspect the answer is no, but is it possible to apply this against transfers? That would be awesome.

-Purchase a post cruise transfer on board and it will automatically be charged to your on board account(s) and net against any credit balance (OBC).

-I have never seen pre-cruise transfers offered as excursions, thus you can not use OBC for this purpose. Pre-cruise transfers are purchased as part of the booking.

-In my experience OBC for excursions just shows as a credit in you on board account(s). Any on board expense will then net against that credit. 

Edited by skynight

15 minutes ago, skynight said:

-Purchase a post cruise transfer on board and it will automatically be charged to your on board account(s) and net against any credit balance (OBC).

-I have never seen pre-cruise transfers offered as excursions, thus you can not use OBC for this purpose. Pre-cruise transfers are purchased as part of the booking.

-In my experience OBC for excursions just shows as a credit in you on board account(s). Any on board expense will then net against that credit. 

When we use the lines Airport Transfers, we just buy them on-board and they go onto our account as just another charge as skynight said. Generally when you get your disembarkation worksheet to fill out, there is an option for the various transfer (direct or with tours). Depending on where we disembark and whats next we either DIY or use them. If we have an excess of non-refundable OBC we will use the lines transfers. 

25 minutes ago, skynight said:

these 'specific excursion credits' - how did you obtain those - as part of a booking promotion. or a 'gift from your TA'?

On 6/29/2022 at 5:32 PM, voljeep said:

these 'specific excursion credits' - how did you obtain those - as part of a booking promotion. or a 'gift from your TA'?

Honestly, I'm not really sure, I am guessing it was part of a promotion. I've re-fared this cruise so many times I kind of lost track of all the promotions, LOL.

This is what it looks like in my payments screen:

image.png.463d832dca9e37ae1da94d42c28a6573.png

• Thanks 1

No idea what your cruise is like but if you are doing an Alaska cruise tour they sometimes give you credit that can only be used on the shore portion. We have had that and the credit had to be used on the shore portion. However, we were able to use it in the gift shop at one of the Princess lodges.