Multiple bids

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you paid $3K and bid $2K, when you win, your credit card will be charted $4K (e.g., $2K each for passenger 1 and passenger 2). So your total cost for your cruise is $7K. 

I meant 2K total price, not the per/person cost.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:16 PM, rbxlady said:

We're cruising with our two sons, so we would really appreciate the space in the Haven (and that's really why we're bidding, as opposed to the other Haven perks). If it were just me and my husband, and we had a great aft balcony cabin, I probably would not upgrade for just the two of us.

We have done the Haven 2 bedroom a few times with my sons and it was fantastic!!!

On 6/30/2022 at 7:11 AM, Crazy planning mom said:

I received an upgrade email yesterday.  It gave me two different category staterooms to bid on.  Can I bid on both?  If so, how are the bids decided?

How far in advance did you receive the email? 

20 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I received it on Day 110 at 8PM Eastern on the dot.

We are at 110 days out today and have not gotten it yet and maybe we won't even though our travel agent does participate in the program.

Edited by spanishguy1970

Having sailed once in the Garden Villa, it's something we'd like to try again, but probably will only happen through bidding for the upgrade.

If after the cancellation date our family is in 2 separate cabins, and one of us wins the GV upgrade, am I right that the second cabin people would still be stuck with their costs for their cabin if they canceled it to join us in the GV? That would be the biggest reason not to bid for a GV upgrade as we'd have to figure the cost of that original cabin on top of the bid.

Only way around it I can think of is for the second family cabin not to be booked until the GV upgrade is unsuccessful, but that carries its own risks.

4 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

We are booked on a 14 night cruise this Fall. Looks like there are about 15 Haven suites still available. Not sure if that gives me a good chance or not? 

My 10 day fall cruise has a lot of Haven suites available too. Maybe it’s the off season for the rich & famous. 😬

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

Having sailed once in the Garden Villa, it's something we'd like to try again, but probably will only happen through bidding for the upgrade.

If after the cancellation date our family is in 2 separate cabins, and one of us wins the GV upgrade, am I right that the second cabin people would still be stuck with their costs for their cabin if they canceled it to join us in the GV? That would be the biggest reason not to bid for a GV upgrade as we'd have to figure the cost of that original cabin on top of the bid.

Only way around it I can think of is for the second family cabin not to be booked until the GV upgrade is unsuccessful, but that carries its own risks.

We were fortunate enough to win a bid for the GV in May. We found out the night before we flew to Spain, so we didn't have enough time to find anyone else to come and join us at the last minute. If you wanted to wait until after a final yeah/neah on the bid, it will probably be too late to get someone else to join you. As for 'cancelling' their existing room and shuffling them over to join you in yours... you would need to speak to someone on the phone to see if that was even possibly. They may lost most of what they paid due to such a late cancellation that it isn't worth it.

Best bet would be to book what you want, and if you get lucky with a bid you're comfortable with on your own to just get the other cabin an extra card to gain access to your room. They could spend all day with you and just return to their room to sleep, or for emergencies to return to their 'proper' muster station.