Cocktail prices on Wonder ots - did they increase in June?

We're booked for Jan23. Been monitoring the deluxe drinks package price for a while now. I have seen it bounce between $73 & $78 per person per day -  not worth it for us.

Now it shows as being "on sale" marked down from $98 to $72.99 (calling it a buy one get 2nd @ 50%). Since this is simply another way of saying $73 I got concerned prices across the board were increased since I've never seen the $98 referenced before. And $98!? Seriously?!???

I understand most cocktails are (were?) $12 - $13. Anyone on now or very recently please let me know what you are seeing for prices.

Sorry if this is a repeat question but searching didn't turn up this particular info for me. If I missed it please let me know where to find the most current prices. Thanks in advance.

Karen

9 minutes ago, behrsmom said:

We're booked for Jan23. Been monitoring the deluxe drinks package price for a while now. I have seen it bounce between $73 & $78 per person per day -  not worth it for us.

Now it shows as being "on sale" marked down from $98 to $72.99 (calling it a buy one get 2nd @ 50%). Since this is simply another way of saying $73 I got concerned prices across the board were increased since I've never seen the $98 referenced before. And $98!? Seriously?!???

I understand most cocktails are (were?) $12 - $13. Anyone on now or very recently please let me know what you are seeing for prices.

Sorry if this is a repeat question but searching didn't turn up this particular info for me. If I missed it please let me know where to find the most current prices. Thanks in advance.

Karen

We have a Quantum and Ovation booked for Sep/Oct.  Both have had the UBP at $66 for the last few weeks. That is before the 18%.  Also most cocktails can be had under the $13 limit. Last month a Gin and Tonic was $9.00 and all Martinis were $13.

8 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have a Quantum and Ovation booked for Sep/Oct.  Both have had the UBP at $66 for the last few weeks. That is before the 18%.  Also most cocktails can be had under the $13 limit. Last month a Gin and Tonic was $9.00 and all Martinis were $13.

Thank you. I'm ignoring the 18% part just to keep the math simpler but of course that factors in to cost as well.

$66 I wish! That would just about make it worth it to us. To be fair this one is an 8-day cruise so I guess they have to factor in the folks who somehow manage to get a dozen or more drinks in every day. And it is the newest ship (so far). That's why I'm wondering if the prices are different on it compared to others.

But I appreciate you taking the time to answer. Enjoy your cruises!

Karen

I saw the same sale for Wonder UBP.  Asked TA.  The 72.99 is a BOGO 50%.  Doing fast math the first is $73, second is $36.50 and that makes both $109.50 or approx 55 each.  Not bad.  Bc my DH does not drink it sucks for me, but for two is pretty good deal...

8 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

I saw the same sale for Wonder UBP.  Asked TA.  The 72.99 is a BOGO 50%.  Doing fast math the first is $73, second is $36.50 and that makes both $109.50 or approx 55 each.  Not bad.  Bc my DH does not drink it sucks for me, but for two is pretty good deal...

The $72.99 is for each person. That’s the average price for each after the calculation. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The $72.99 is for each person. That’s the average price for each after the calculation. 

This. The price they show you reflects the discount already. You actually have to add 18% to whatever price they show you to know the actual cost, as gratuities are mandatory and added at checkout.

44 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

Sorry, the $72.99 IS the BOGO price.  It amounts to 25% off each which equates to approx $98 each.  $98 + $46 = $144.  $72 each

Edited by poocher

2 hours ago, topanga49er said:

As was pointed out, the $72.99 price is already counting the 50% off one when buying two. I have read about some folks being able to buy just one if their cabin mate doesn't or can't drink alcohol. You or your TA have to contact RC about that and I'm guessing they would then charge you $98 per day.

The math is a bit wonky since it's 98 + 49 = 147 ÷ 2 = 73.50 per person. So they are actually "rounding down" by 51 cents.

Whatever, I did put this in my shopping cart & saw that the charge would be $1377.92 with the added 18%. That is some chunk of change! And we still need to budget for cabin gratuities & shore excursions. So yeah, we are really thinking this is just too much for us.

But still hoping to find out the latest individual drink prices specifically on Wonder. Would love to see menu pics showing wine/beer/cocktails/coffee. If anyone knows where that info might be please post. 

Karen

@behrsmom -

go to the app:

select your Wonder sailing;

click on the head icon;

select Find a different sailing;

scroll to the bottom;

click Get details on the ships we support; scroll to the bottom and select Wonder; pick an upcoming sailing date;

go to dining then to bars: pick a bar then menu - you will see the prices.

As has been said, you can get pretty much everything  in the $13 allowance 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, little britain said:

@behrsmom -

go to the app:

select your Wonder sailing;

click on the head icon;

select Find a different sailing;

scroll to the bottom;

click Get details on the ships we support; scroll to the bottom and select Wonder; pick an upcoming sailing date;

go to dining then to bars: pick a bar then menu - you will see the prices.

As has been said, you can get pretty much everything  in the $13 allowance 

This. Is. Flippin. Brilliant.

Exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, behrsmom said:

As was pointed out, the $72.99 price is already counting the 50% off one when buying two. I have read about some folks being able to buy just one if their cabin mate doesn't or can't drink alcohol. You or your TA have to contact RC about that and I'm guessing they would then charge you $98 per day.

The math is a bit wonky since it's 98 + 49 = 147 ÷ 2 = 73.50 per person. So they are actually "rounding down" by 51 cents.

Whatever, I did put this in my shopping cart & saw that the charge would be $1377.92 with the added 18%. That is some chunk of change! And we still need to budget for cabin gratuities & shore excursions. So yeah, we are really thinking this is just too much for us.

But still hoping to find out the latest individual drink prices specifically on Wonder. Would love to see menu pics showing wine/beer/cocktails/coffee. If anyone knows where that info might be please post. 

Karen

I recently bought the package just for myself during this specific sale and they charged me the $72.99. I had previously purchased the refreshment package for my husband. You just have to call to do it. They didn’t ask me anything other than confirming the my husband had the refreshment package.

7 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I recently bought the package just for myself during this specific sale and they charged me the $72.99. I had previously purchased the refreshment package for my husband. You just have to call to do it. They didn’t ask me anything other than confirming the my husband had the refreshment package.

Thanks Jerseygirl1416, that's good to know!

Topanga49er hopefully you will see this. Maybe you can get the deal this way.

Cruise Critic forums have been such a great place to get real life info for my cruises. Thanks to all for chiming in!

Karen

• Like 1