Alaska Cruise Tours why so many positive Covid?

sunsetme

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I suggested Paxlovid, a Rx. Another

poster suggested zinc.

It’s okay, just get better.

Just a bit off subject but I heard on the local news this morning that a pharmacist may be able to prescribe Paxlovid without a doctor's Rx but with a positive CoVid test result.  

My 2 cents (which means nothing!): I tested positive as soon as we got home from our Discovery Alaska cruise.  On the plane ride home I suddenly was unable to smell anything, and I knew soomething was wrong.  Over the next few days I was very ill, and am still dealing with side effects.  My kids were fine, husband felt a bit ill but wasn't positive when we got home.  Looking back, I have the terrible feeling that I had COVID for most of the week and just didn't realize it.  I was very tired all week, and I blamed it on time zones and just finishing a diffucult school year and finally being able to relax.  My husband was also passing a kidney stone for the first few days of our trip, so I was focused on helping him.  The only symptom I had was extreme exhaustion on the ship.  I didn't get really sick until I got home.  I'm sure I passed it on to many without knowing.  We wore masks anytime we were around others, and I was super diligent about washing hands and hand sanitizer.  You just can't out run it forever.  When I was so sick, I said I would never cruise again because I truly felt so bad.  But now I feel better, and I'm ready to go again.  Both Princess transfers from and to the airport were completely packed, and many were coughing. If you are cruising, there's a chance you'll get Covid.  There's also a chance you will have a perfectly wonderful vacation, like my kids did.  We saw amazing sights and made memories.  I just wish I wouldn't have gotten so sick.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Just a bit off subject but I heard on the local news this morning that a pharmacist may be able to prescribe Paxlovid without a doctor's Rx but with a positive CoVid test result.  

I heard that too!  That would be great!

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to get back on here.  Turned out that 1 in our group of 6 came home and tested positive about 3 days later.  Not sure if it made a difference, but she was 1 out of 2 who had not previously gotten covid, and she is probably the most immunocompromised (cancer survivor).  She had flu-like symptoms for about a week. 

On 7/7/2022 at 1:20 PM, toofewcruises said:

I don't believe vitamins have any effect on Covid...

There is some data that indicates that vitamin D levels have some impact on Covid infection. However it is more along the lines that vitamin D deficiency may make one more vulnerable to serious disease, not that vitamin D will prevent infection.