NCL Spirit Question

Shel71

Is there is a teen club on the Spirit? We booked kind of quickly after our Sun cruise was canceled. While looking things over I am not seeing a teen club. It's not a huge deal, but my 17-year-old might like to meet some people his own age since he's cruising with mom, grandma, and grandpa!

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. It's so hard to find clear information on the Spirit as it seems so much written about it was pre-refurbishment. My son will just have to be happy with us! 🙂

13 hours ago, Shel71 said:

Is there is a teen club on the Spirit? We booked kind of quickly after our Sun cruise was canceled. While looking things over I am not seeing a teen club. It's not a huge deal, but my 17-year-old might like to meet some people his own age since he's cruising with mom, grandma, and grandpa!

Pre-pandemic, they had redesigned and planned to use the Spirit as an adults-only ship. I didn't realize that they were allowing kids onboard now. 

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, Shel71 said:

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. It's so hard to find clear information on the Spirit as it seems so much written about it was pre-refurbishment. My son will just have to be happy with us! 🙂

You are correct about the lack of information about the Spirit. Unfortunately it only did about one and a half cruises after the refurb before covid hit, so it didn’t get the attention it deserved. There were a couple of good threads on here from those post refurb cruises, but they are probably hard to find because of the time that has passed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Pre-pandemic, they had redesigned and planned to use the Spirit as an adults-only ship. I didn't realize that they were allowing kids onboard now. 

I never heard any suggestion that it would be an adults only ship, just that the kids clubs had been removed. We were booked on the Spirit with our son for 2021.

Edited by KeithJenner

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Well the age of my son (17) had to be input when I booked so I assume they allow him. Wouldn't it have stopped me from booking?

6 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I never heard any suggestion that it would be an adults only ship, just that the kids clubs had been removed. We were booked on the Spirit with our son for 2021.

You are correct. Going back an looking at the press releases, the ship was "targeted for adults", but there was nothing about excluding kids (other than removal of kids facilities). I loved the old Spirit and it's Asian features. I have not been back since the "modernization". 

• Like 1