Large taxis Barcelona port

We are arriving 4 days before our cruise in August. Our TA has just informed me that the transfer from our hotel to the port is no longer available.

We had booked a Mini van.

Does anyone know if it is easy to get a taxi for 4adults plus luggage in Barcelona ? 
Wondering if we should pre book with a private firm.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, welshfamily said:

We are arriving 4 days before our cruise in August. Our TA has just informed me that the transfer from our hotel to the port is no longer available.

We had booked a Mini van.

Does anyone know if it is easy to get a taxi for 4adults plus luggage in Barcelona ? 
Wondering if we should pre book with a private firm.

Thanks

Loads and loads of taxis in Barcelona. Your hotel will be able to get one for you and make sure it is the right size 🙂

I just did two disembarkations from Barcelona in the space of a month, one to a hotel from the port and then two days after hotel to airport and one straight from the port to the airport… very easy, you will be fine 🙂

We just disembarked in Barcelona last weekend.  Lots of taxis, including mini-vans.  Our taxi driver that took us from the hotel to the airport told us how many taxis there were in Barcelona - I can't remember the number, but it blew my mind.  They are all painted the same black and yellow paint scheme.  

I was just searching yesterday to make arrangements for our arrival in Barcelona, and consensus was "don't book a car service in Barcelona, just get a taxi" - which looks like exactly the advice on this thread 🙂

• Like 1

Taxis are plentiful and cost’s regulated in the official yellow and black taxi’s. Problem will be large enough taxi for 4 adults plus luggage. If you can fit into a normal taxi there is a line at the airport controlled by men in high vis jackets. This also happens at port…..or did before Covid.  You need time to wait in line as can be very busy.
We have always paid in advance for private hire . We have done this all over the world. Transfers were booked with a company who have ceased to trade and other companies have no availablity.

Hopefully this will not be an issue re posts above. We can always split into two’s a pay for two taxi’s.

• 1 month later...

We got a taxi at Barcelona airport in August 2022, short/no line on a Saturday morning, easy. We checked before getting in, our taxi did take credit cards.

To get to the port in Barcelona our hotel ordered us a taxi the day before, again it took credit cards so no problem. We hadn't triple checked where our ship would dock, we were at World Trade Center (not the main port). Once we saw the ship, we had our taxi make a u-turn to go to the right dock - several other passengers made it all the way to the main port before realizing this. Our driver was great, but don't expect them to know which ship will be where (there aren't reader boards like at Miami).