Color Status

kdr69

As a healthcare worker - I have been exposed many times over the last couple of years.Luckily, I have not had covid.  I have also cruised 4 times in the last year and felt quite safe - First two cruises were b2b on Horizon - there were less people and maybe that is why we felt safe - no covid after two weeks.  The third was Panorama out of LA and I had a bad cold before leaving and tested four times the few days before we left and was not covid positive - fourth was a quickie on the Conquest - again bad cold right before and I tested four times  again pre cruise and was again negative.  On the Panorama and the Conquest there were alot more people and I think the ships were back to almost full or full capacity. 

Our experence I quess was that the ships were very clean and I did see hand sanitizer everwhere and I always had some in my bag and DH and I did use it very often.  

People need to do what is comfortable for them.  No matter where you go in the world you are going to find covid.  

FYI there are even healthcare systems out there that are relaxing some of the mask rules - I wear a mask at work but when I am out and about now unless there are alot of people I don't wear a mask.

For those of you that have had covid - sorry that you had to experience it - anyway you look at it - it isn't a pleasant experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mumofsons said:

As a healthcare worker - I have been exposed many times over the last couple of years.Luckily, I have not had covid.  I have also cruised 4 times in the last year and felt quite safe - First two cruises were b2b on Horizon - there were less people and maybe that is why we felt safe - no covid after two weeks.  The third was Panorama out of LA and I had a bad cold before leaving and tested four times the few days before we left and was not covid positive - fourth was a quickie on the Conquest - again bad cold right before and I tested four times  again pre cruise and was again negative.  On the Panorama and the Conquest there were alot more people and I think the ships were back to almost full or full capacity. 

Our experence I quess was that the ships were very clean and I did see hand sanitizer everwhere and I always had some in my bag and DH and I did use it very often.  

People need to do what is comfortable for them.  No matter where you go in the world you are going to find covid.  

FYI there are even healthcare systems out there that are relaxing some of the mask rules - I wear a mask at work but when I am out and about now unless there are alot of people I don't wear a mask.

For those of you that have had covid - sorry that you had to experience it - anyway you look at it - it isn't a pleasant experience. 

I don’t think our healthcare facility has any plans to drop the mask rules any time soon. 

My husband and I are currently on about day 8 of COVID (he's a little behind me) after our 6-27 through 7-2 cruise on the Valor.  His case has been lighter than mine and I would say mine is worse than a cold/flu for sure, though I've never had the flu (50 years old).  The worst part for me has been this shortness of breath that comes and goes; it's honestly unsettling at times. I was scheduled to have a long awaited 3 part sinus surgery this past week and I've had to reschedule it to the end of this month.  I just pray I get back to normal breathing by then or it may be postponed even more.

Yes, we could have gotten it anywhere at anytime but it's still not a fun sickness to have regardless of what variant we are on. Ugh

22 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

93 out of 94 cruise ships are currently in "orange" status. This is information is useless.

00000.jpg

Not at all. ORANGE is the new YELLOW. It means enough covid on all ships for the CDC to investigate.

^ The “Orange” and “Yellow” ship colors were reversed for the COVID-19 program to go in a more logical color order.

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Not at all. ORANGE is the new YELLOW. It means enough covid on all ships for the CDC to investigate.

^ The “Orange” and “Yellow” ship colors were reversed for the COVID-19 program to go in a more logical color order.

The status of "Orange" is useless because ships are unlikely to ever be "Green" again and if they do make it to "Yellow" it will likely be short-lived. 

Covid isn't going away and if someone has concerns that a ship had over 0.3% of their passengers testing covid they probably shouldn't be cruising because 99% of the ships are at that threshold now.