Global Entry interview appointment

Ilovesailaway

My credit card covers the cost of Global Entry or TSA Precheck. I debated which to get and ended up applying for Global Entry because it includes TSA Precheck. Right now I don't often enter the US by flying but I figured hey why not get GE if it's free. I do fly often enough domestically the TSA Precheck will come in handy.

Well now my Global Entry has been conditionally approved and I need to schedule an interview to complete the process. When I look for an appointment their is nothing within hundreds of miles for several months. Anything within a 5 hour drive has no appointments at all.

Very frustrating. In hindsight I would have just gone the TSA Precheck route. TSA subs out a lot of that process and I would have had no problem getting that done locally. 

Anyone here have recent experience with going through the process of the Global Entry interview? Any advice? I have 700 days to get it done but as I said no appointments anywhere near me that whole 2 years according to the CBP website and scheduler link.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:48 PM, Ilovesailaway said:

My credit card covers the cost of Global Entry or TSA Precheck. I debated which to get and ended up applying for Global Entry because it includes TSA Precheck. Right now I don't often enter the US by flying but I figured hey why not get GE if it's free. I do fly often enough domestically the TSA Precheck will come in handy.

Well now my Global Entry has been conditionally approved and I need to schedule an interview to complete the process. When I look for an appointment their is nothing within hundreds of miles for several months. Anything within a 5 hour drive has no appointments at all.

Very frustrating. In hindsight I would have just gone the TSA Precheck route. TSA subs out a lot of that process and I would have had no problem getting that done locally. 

Anyone here have recent experience with going through the process of the Global Entry interview? Any advice? I have 700 days to get it done but as I said no appointments anywhere near me that whole 2 years according to the CBP website and scheduler link.

I had the same problem with scheduling. I just kept going back on everyday until some became available. Took me about two weeks to get one close, but it was over an hour drive, so I kept trying and I found one even closer for the next day of my scheduled appointment for the next day 25 miles closer to my home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Literally just keep checking throughout the day. I got my conditional approval in mid-May, original appointment was March 2023. I got it bumped up to January, and then September, and I figured I would try to interview on arrival in August when coming back from London.

And then LAX opened a bunch of slots for an early June Saturday morning the Thursday before. Immediately snagged one of those and I was in and out of there two days later. I was notified by one of the Twitter bots, as well as a text notification bot that I found through Reddit, but refreshing the site at the right time was actually faster than the bots.

• Like 1

This year my wife has renewed for the first time, I've renewed for the second time and my 1yr old daughter has enrolled.

We live in NYC and my wife was able to snag an appointment at JFK. We weren't able to get one for my daughter so arranged that for when we were in Orlando in the spring. I was only able to get one midweek at Newark three months out so ended up doing the interview upon international entry into JFK T4 last week. I was surprised that at 11pm on July 4th there were around half a dozen other people also doing their interviews but it was the easiest way to do it.

• Like 1

There are twitter account Global Entry Appointment Alerts.  You can follow that account and be provided up to the minute cancellations at each airport location.  When I first scheduled I was 9 months out and within a few days of monitoring the twitter account I was able to get a next day reservation.  Good luck

Had our interview appointment today. Shortest interview I've ever had for anything.

Interviewer: Have you ever been arrested??

Me: No sir.

Interviewer: Ok, lets do the fingerprints.

(5minutes later)

Interviewer: Ok, your all set, you pass.   🤣 Less than 1/2 hour for DW and myself.

• Like 3

When I came home from abroad last November at SFO I did the interview on arrival. I told the CBP agent that I need a recertification on arrival. I put my name on a list and was the next one. Within 20 minutes my interview, fingerprints and reeentry to the US was complete. My Parents were waiting at the baggage claim and our bags did not arrive.

So it was worth not having to go back to SFO!

• 2 weeks later...