Cloud 9 Spa and Thermal Suites Questions

Hammer61

Never cruised with Carnival but looking to book a cloud 9 Balcony state room on the Splendor, believe the cabin are pretty much the same as a regular balcony, just close proximity to the Spa and some better toiletries.

But just wandering how busy the Cloud 9 area gets especially on Sea days? Do they limit time in the Thermal suites or Hydrotherapy Pool for example, is the cost of the upgrade from a regular balcony worth it or should we consider a normal balcony then get the cloud 9 pass or pay as we go

Any tips or advise from regulars who use?

Thanks

1) There is no "pay as you go" for the Cloud 9 areas.  You can get a daily or entire cruise pass.

2) You should do a price comparison between the cost of the spa balcony cabin vs. a regular balcony plus the Cloud 9 pass.  I have normally found it to be more cost effective to get the spa cabin.

3) You also get discounts in the spa, if that would factor into the equation for you (it doesn't for me).

4) How busy the Cloud 9 areas get is really dependent on the cruise.  They do not limit the time you spend there, but they do have a limit on the number of passes available.

I'd love to jump into this conversation with a Spa question of my own.  We have booked our first spa cabin for our upcoming Bermuda cruise on Magic.  I've only used the spa on a cruise once (for a massage) and wondered about the general dress code in the Thermal Suite areas.  This might sound like a strange or obvious question, but are people generally in swimsuits, robes, or something else?  

24 minutes ago, Weeziblu said:

I'd love to jump into this conversation with a Spa question of my own.  We have booked our first spa cabin for our upcoming Bermuda cruise on Magic.  I've only used the spa on a cruise once (for a massage) and wondered about the general dress code in the Thermal Suite areas.  This might sound like a strange or obvious question, but are people generally in swimsuits, robes, or something else?  

Not a strange question at all.  I admit to be pretty nervous when we had our first spa cabin for the same reason 🙂 In all of the termal suites, it is swimsuits.  Most people will throw a robe over them for walking between their cabin and the spa, but swimsuits in the thermal areas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Of all the Cloud 9 Thermal Suites, we loved the Splendor the best. Here are some posts from our Splendor Hawaii cruise that show the Thermal Suites.

Splendor Thermal Suites and spa

Wow! That's definitely better than the vista class ships, and even looks better than the dream class thermal suites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowballs mom said:

Wow! That's definitely better than the vista class ships, and even looks better than the dream class thermal suites.

For sure lots better than the Vista Class and Mardi Gras. Liked it better than the Dream Class, which we have also enjoyed. Seemed better laid out on the Splendor. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, Schoifmom said:

Not a strange question at all.  I admit to be pretty nervous when we had our first spa cabin for the same reason 🙂 In all of the termal suites, it is swimsuits.  Most people will throw a robe over them for walking between their cabin and the spa, but swimsuits in the thermal areas.

Thank you!

On 7/8/2022 at 3:24 AM, Hammer61 said:

Never cruised with Carnival but looking to book a cloud 9 Balcony state room on the Splendor, believe the cabin are pretty much the same as a regular balcony, just close proximity to the Spa and some better toiletries.

But just wandering how busy the Cloud 9 area gets especially on Sea days? Do they limit time in the Thermal suites or Hydrotherapy Pool for example, is the cost of the upgrade from a regular balcony worth it or should we consider a normal balcony then get the cloud 9 pass or pay as we go

Thanks

I’ve found that early in the morning or late in the evening after dinner the spa isn’t very crowded at all. Midday tends to be the worst time to go. But honestly even when it is crowded people are pretty good about moving into the next area if they see you just walked in and are looking for a spot to relax. They don’t limit your time there but they do limit the amount of passes sold so it doesn’t get too crowded. Also, it’s adults only so it’s very quiet and peaceful. No kids are running around and soothing spa music is playing. In addition to the upgraded toiletries you also get nicer slippers and much bigger fluffier robes. They have a couples pass you can purchase online in advance that’s a pretty good deal. I wouldn’t wait till you board to try and get a pass though. A couple of times I tried that and they were sold out on passes. 

Personally the thermal suites at the spa are a must do for me and my husband while cruising. I like the saunas and steam rooms a lot. But relaxing in the hydrotherapy pool then stretching out on the heated marble loungers is what I absolutely love. That hot marble just melts the stress away. Some of the best naps I’ve ever had were spent there. It’s not for everyone but if you are into spas and relaxing in a quiet soothing atmosphere you’ll love it. 

Edited by cruisinqt
Grammatical error
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisinqt said:

Personally the thermal suites at the spa are a must do for me and my husband while cruising. I like the saunas and steam rooms a lot. But relaxing in the hydrotherapy pool then stretching out on the heated marble loungers is what I absolutely love.

Have to agree, love the thermal Suite on Ships, On Majestic Princess just before COVID struck and was awsome with all the differnt saunas, showers the heated lounges and hydropherapy pool, so glad we got the pass and its now a must on whatever cruise we go on! Thanks for the review as well, looking forward to trying it on the Splendor as have gone ahead and booked a Cloud 9 Balcony cabin.  

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:24 AM, Hammer61 said:

Thanks

We recently sail in a Spa balcony cabin deck 12 on the Breeze- thankfully it was a great deal, there were no upgraded toiletries, no great discounts on spa services, but we enjoyed the hydrotherapy pool several times a day. There were never more than a hand full of people in there at a time. Overall,  we enjoyed spa area and did expend enough in the spa to make-up for the deal Carnival gave us on the cabin. 

massage- well worth it! 

Acupuncture- waste of money.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

On 7/8/2022 at 11:07 AM, Weeziblu said:

YOU ARE ON VACATION!!!! You will find people dress all kind of ways! Do you and enjoy. 

On 7/8/2022 at 4:24 AM, Hammer61 said:

Thanks

Do it and figure it out. Not trying to be rude. But each sailing is different. I've been on 16 cruises and not 1 has been the same. 

You do get an herbal salt scrub to use each day. On my cruise it changed flavors a couple times.

On here I have read some saying only one scrub is free, but we were daily, maybe because they were small?

That was a nice perk. Another was that our cabin, while right near the spa, was also below the adult sun area that had a bar and a "healthy eating bar"

In that category and depending on your needs, you could practically stay in that area and avoid a lot of chaos. 

Nice quiet area of ship.

Just a note about it being a "quiet" area.  AFIK, that's probably true (there were much, much fewer children), but the last time we had a spa cabin, there was a baby in the cabin near ours.  The parent's chose to help each other out by carrying the baby out into the hallway whenever it was crying (which was a lot).  Sharing the joy, of course. LOL

On 7/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, snowballs mom said:

The thermal suite on the Dream is almost exactly the same as the one on the Splendor.  I know the Breeze is a little different and i haven't been on the Magic so I can't comment on that one.

We were on the Splendor last week and bought the couple's pass, it was about $275 once the taxes were applied (probably should have waited till we set sail to pay, lol).

The Thalasso pool got busy at times but my favorite place is the tepidarium with the heated tile seats, and that was never busy when I was there.  Not all of the chairs were heating up though so check them before you sit down!

10 minutes ago, Angua said:

The thermal suite on the Dream is almost exactly the same as the one on the Splendor.  I know the Breeze is a little different and i haven't been on the Magic so I can't comment on that one.

We were on the Splendor last week and bought the couple's pass, it was about $275 once the taxes were applied (probably should have waited till we set sail to pay, lol).

The Thalasso pool got busy at times but my favorite place is the tepidarium with the heated tile seats, and that was never busy when I was there.  Not all of the chairs were heating up though so check them before you sit down!

You were able to by the couple's pass? We are cruising next April on Dream and was wanting to get it for husband and I, but all they are selling is individual passes. We had bought it for our May 2022 Dream cruise, and it saved about $50 buy buying the couples pass instead of 2 separate passes.

20 minutes ago, lubedobedo said:

You were able to by the couple's pass? We are cruising next April on Dream and was wanting to get it for husband and I, but all they are selling is individual passes. We had bought it for our May 2022 Dream cruise, and it saved about $50 buy buying the couples pass instead of 2 separate passes.

We couldn't buy the couples pass till we were on board.  Sorry should have been clearer on that.