Hair Cut Price???

teacherman

My DW just told me that she doesn't have "time" to get her hair cut before we leave next Friday for our Infinity cruise.  She said she will just get it done on the ship.  Any idea on how much that is going to set me back?  We are Elite if that matters as far as discounts.  I think she said wash, cut, and blow dry.

Maybe some good news.  I just checked the Cruise planner for our upcoming cruise on the Beyond and they had a Off Peak Hour Price for Cut, Blow Dry Style ( medium length)  was $70 plus 18% gratuity.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teacherman said:

My DW just told me that she doesn't have "time" to get her hair cut before we leave next Friday for our Infinity cruise.  She said she will just get it done on the ship.  Any idea on how much that is going to set me back?  We are Elite if that matters as far as discounts.  I think she said wash, cut, and blow dry.

Why not go out on a limb and have it cut whilst in a port?  A little local flavor. 

• Like 2

I got my first haircut on a cruise on the Millennium in Feb.  It wasn’t the best or worst haircut I’ve ever received, but it was the best view!  Wall of windows and the gorgeous water.  Being an M class ship, there was only one stylist, so no chatty neighbors, or loud hair dryers.  It was basically a private salon experience.  Cost $85.  We were trying to use up OBC, and I didn’t have to worry about squeezing it into a work schedule.  I would do it again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Maybe some good news.  I just checked the Cruise planner for our upcoming cruise on the Beyond and they had a Off Peak Hour Price for Cut, Blow Dry Style ( medium length)  was $70 plus 18% gratuity.  

I booked a port day cut & blow dry for short hair on our Edge cruise shortly before our departure date. The charge was $81 with gratuity included, so about the same price as jelayne.

I had plenty of time to get my hair cut before our cruise - however like 81Zoomie I really enjoy the experience of looking at the ocean while getting the full salon treatment. Definitely worth it! (Think of it as an early/late birthday/anniversary/holiday gift to your wife.)

Edited by MarKay525
  • Thanks 1

That is not much more than she pays here in the metro Detroit area.  We are basically staying on the ship this cruise as we have been to all of these ports many times and are really just wanting to get away for a week.  I am sure she will get it cut on board.  She was not very receptive to the "braids" idea.  Thanks for all of the info.

• Like 1