Live - Gem 10th July 2022 from Venice (Trieste).

ziggyuk

28 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

I’ve got them! I can post first couple of days of you like!

That would be great, are you able to download them on the app?

On my Android it says file name too long 🤔

Edited by ziggyuk

11 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

That would be great, are you able to download them on the app?

On my Android it says file name too long 🤔

I have the paper copies in the drawer back onboard- will upload day 1 and 2. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

How busy would you say the train was to Trieste? We will be flying to Trieste Airport and taking the train from there. Just a little concerned about finding seats and space for luggage, since most cruise passengers will have joined the train in Venice.

I have to be honest the train was very busy and you can't pre-book seats.

I booked out tickets in advance while in the UK and booked the quick train with less stops.

It was absolutely packed with some people standing.

We managed to get two single seats which were not together by asking people to free up seats by removing bags.

There were a few single seats usually with bags on them.

If you want any chance of sitting together you need to be lucky and stand on the platform where a door might open.

UPDATED ON CORKAGE

So today I bought another bottle of wine and blatantly carried it onboard in my hand.

After the scanner finally someone (after practically holding it to their face) sad "can I see your cruise card please" the "oh, you have the beverage package, that's fine".

So it's confirmed, as long as you have the beverage package you can bring wine on with no corkage fees.

IMG_20220713_130122.thumb.jpg.7ef45bd59625f11c19423ddf2650c398.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 7/10/2022 at 4:50 PM, mapleleaves said:

Just wondering .... did you catch the train in Mestre ?  was it crowded with cruise pax ?

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I have to be honest the train was very busy and you can't pre-book seats.

I booked out tickets in advance while in the UK and booked the quick train with less stops.

It was absolutely packed with some people standing.

We managed to get two single seats which were not together by asking people to free up seats by removing bags.

There were a few single seats usually with bags on them.

If you want any chance of sitting together you need to be lucky and stand on the platform where a door might open.

5 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

Not what I wanted to hear, but honestly not surprised. I'd be happy to pay more for a reserved seat but they're not available.  

Thanks for the info.

As we will not be staying in Venice pre-cruise (unless our flights get rebooked due to unexpected cancellations ), we want to go directly to Trieste from the airport (we have two nights booked at a hotel there). I found it easier to just take the bus, as there is no train-station at the airport. We have pre-booked seats on a bus from Venice airport to Trieste (we paid a couple of euros extra to have two seats at the very front of the bus). Just do a search for "flixbus.com".

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Muckyduckway said:

Gorgeous weather. 

Let us know what you thought of the wine?

And thanks for the laugh, I had Mr Bean-esque imagery of you waving the bottle all over the place 🙂

So funny, it was a little like that 😂

I'm sure the wine will be hideous, we only wanted a second chance to test the system and bought a very low cost white, probably give it a shot in Venice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

We have pre-booked seats on a bus from Venice airport to Trieste (we paid a couple of euros extra to have two seats at the very front of the bus). Just do a search for "flixbus.com".

We're flying into Trieste Airport, there's a train stop at the Airport.  Flix aren't available for that route and date, but thanks for the tip.

So Ziggy, did you just drink the wine you brought onboard at embarkation in your room?

We're thinking of bringing a nice bottle from Trieste for a birthday meal - the options on the Premium plan are pretty dismal and we're not that fussy generally, but for a celebration...

I was hoping to read more about the ports;  activities, highights/disappointments,  DIY or tour, tour operator,  how you got from port to town if you tendered, etc.  Perhaps you'll do this as a summary at the end?  Enjoying the report so far though. Thank you!

• Like 1