Excursion descriptions in Japanese

PescadoAmarillo

We are currently booked on the Diamond Princess transpacific to Yokohama next February, followed by B2B cruises around Japan. For many reasons, we are very undecided about taking these cruises, and I was trying to get some information on the ports by looking at the shore excursions in the Cruise Personalizer. Unfortunately, they’re all in Japanese. Has anyone else encountered this, or know if they will eventually be translated to English?  

C9A24884-A540-4558-AAF7-E6C714E1B1B4.png

46F78D2D-78F7-4BE8-A6A7-0CC41C8D9313.png

14 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We are currently booked on the Diamond Princess transpacific to Yokohama next February, followed by B2B cruises around Japan. For many reasons, we are very undecided about taking these cruises, and I was trying to get some information on the ports by looking at the shore excursions in the Cruise Personalizer. Unfortunately, they’re all in Japanese. Has anyone else encountered this, or know if they will eventually be translated to English?  

No, I haven’t.  Some are in English and some are just Japanese.  I would report it. 

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I would look at other dates in/out of Yokohama and it shows points of interest in English. Some may show excursions in English.  If I had to guess, they may be loading more info, as Asia has had many changes in cruises.

27 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I just checked.  These were just changed June 22, they were scheduled to/fr Singapore to SE Asia.  I’d recheck these later, once all updates are completed.

41 minutes ago, maggie777 said:

We are also booked on this cruise and have been concerned that no shore excursions are yet posted for Hawaii, Guam or French Polynesia.

I’m not sure it’s the same cruise. The February 12, 2023 Diamond Princess cruise goes directly from Hawaii to Guam and Saipan (part of the reason we are interested in going ). I don’t believe it goes to French Polynesia (unless something has changed, which is entirely possible). 

Thank you for the Google Translate suggestion. I am just trying to gauge our interest in the ports in Japan and was hoping that the excursions would easily help us to do that. Like so many things with Princess these days, we really shouldn’t have to work so hard to give them our money. Maybe there is a message here. 

23 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I’m not sure it’s the same cruise. The February 12, 2023 Diamond Princess cruise goes directly from Hawaii to Guam and Saipan (part of the reason we are interested in going ). I don’t believe it goes to French Polynesia (unless something has changed, which is entirely possible). 

Thank you for the Google Translate suggestion. I am just trying to gauge our interest in the ports in Japan and was hoping that the excursions would easily help us to do that. Like so many things with Princess these days, we really shouldn’t have to work so hard to give them our money. Maybe there is a message here. 

Sorry for the confusion. You are correct that there are no stops in French Polynesia. We will be there in 2024 on a cruise from Sydney to San Francisco.Looking forward to cruising with you.

• Like 1