OBC Kicker for Using FCC

Royal is offering $100 OBC for new or existing (not yet paid in full) bookings when FCC is applied before July 31st.  The offer states that it is per stateroom.  We have an existing reservation for January and are looking at a possible Fall sailing.  Does anyone know if I apply Hubby's FCC to the Fall and my FCC to the January, will RC credit the OBC on both sailings?

16 minutes ago, lbislander said:

Royal is offering $100 OBC for new or existing (not yet paid in full) bookings when FCC is applied before July 31st. 

Where do you see it's valid on existing bookings?

This is what I see:

FCC Kicker Booking Window: July 1-31, 2022

Sailing Window: All sailings departing between August 2, 2022 - May 25, 2023

How to Redeem: Guest must redeem FCC on a new booking made between August 2, 2022 – December 31, 2023, on a sailing on or before December 2023

Offer Details: $100 to spend at sea, OBC will be applied on the back end up to two weeks after the FCC redemption

Combinability: Applicable to all rate programs

But the booking, sailing, and redeem dates don't line up????  🙄

11 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Thanks for posting this.  This is our first time having a FCC.  Can someone tell me if you book with an FCC, then cancel before final payment, do you get the FCC back?

Some of my refundable bookings where I applied an FCC have a warning on them with a penalty amount equal to my FCC.  It's still a refundable booking but with an FCC penalty.  If I cancel I will get my deposit refunded. 

My brother has an FCC issued in 2 separate certificates.  If he were to book 2 rooms, using 1 on each, would he get the OBC on each?  I don’t see anything on the website about this.  But I will have him contact his TA about it.  He has to use them by 5/23 anyway.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You might - depends on the conditions of the FCC. 

That is the catch.  I have not seen my FCC.  I called and got a number, but I don't know if the email was ever sent.  The rep said they could not resend the certificate.  I have no idea what it says.  He just told me the numbers, and there is no expiration.  Is there any other way to see my terms?

2 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

What is the FCC penalty?

Here is an example.  Two FCC were applied to a booking for a total of $600 towards the cruise fare.  Note the last sentence that the booking is subject to $600 in cancellation penalties - the exact amount of the FCCs that were applied.  I ended sailing this cruise so I didn't get ant FCC penalties but if I had cancelled the booking then I would have lost the FCC value plus any other normal cancelation penalties.

image.thumb.jpeg.8865d29704be3c9efd6729012aab0402.jpeg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Here is an example.  Two FCC were applied to a booking for a total of $600 towards the cruise fare.  Note the last sentence that the booking is subject to $600 in cancellation penalties - the exact amount of the FCCs that were applied.  I ended sailing this cruise so I didn't get ant FCC penalties but if I had cancelled the booking then I would have lost the FCC value plus any other normal cancelation penalties.

So in other words, you do lose the FCC value.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I don’t understand???  I thought when you canceled a cruise to which you’ve applied FCCs, the FCCs are reissued.  No???