First Time Norwegian Cruisers

We are leaving on Breakaway’s July 24 cruise. I had two questions - onboard on Carnival we were able to get menus for the main dining rooms via the app - can you do this on Norwegian? Also how quickly did the shows sell out? We have a 2 PM boarding time and I am paranoid that I won’t be able to see Six. 

Thank you so much! 

46 minutes ago, Scarlettmorgana said:

I am paranoid that I won’t be able to see Six. 

There's also a standby line.  Get to the theater 20-30 minutes before the show and chances are that you'll get in as a lot of people book and then decide they want to do something else.  When I sailed on the Bliss in 2019 it seemed like there were usually empty seats, there also were on the Joy in March but it wasn't a full sailing.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, map92 said:

I'd like to see the menu also.

Download the Norwegian App before you sail.  Once onboard it will update with current info about your cruise, activities schedules, restaurant menus, etc.  The menus usually are posted just one day at a time, though.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scarlettmorgana said:

We are leaving on Breakaway’s July 24 cruise. I had two questions - onboard on Carnival we were able to get menus for the main dining rooms via the app - can you do this on Norwegian? Also how quickly did the shows sell out? We have a 2 PM boarding time and I am paranoid that I won’t be able to see Six.  Thank you so much! 

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 

NCL rotates through 14 MDR menus so the menus this week may not be the same as last week. They do not post the menus until day of service. 

When you board, your priority should be going to book your shows. The easiest way is using one of the touch screen kiosks in public elevator lobbies. Or they will have a reservations desk set up (normally in The Social deck 6 mid-ship or the box office deck 7 forward). After booking your shows, go and fix your dining reservations. Prime time dining reservations often sell out quickly on embarkation day (if you are doing specialty dining). Shows, sell out slower. 

Have a wonderful cruise! We'll be on the Breakaway in a few weeks.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

NCL rotates through 21 MDR dinner menus.

If you want to see the menus in advance you can ask once on board.

Pre-Covid, the menus for the whole cruise would be posted in the galley and those on the Behind the Scenes tours would often take photos.

Edited by YVRteacher