Now you see it! Now you don't. Sailings that disappear and reappear online

The Wonder sails on April 2nd 2023, yet it is not online. I called C&A and they also did not see that specific sailing on the public website, but confirmed it was available and the rep was able to quote me out a room. From time-to-time, I've seen this happen where ships will not be visible and then return in search results later. Has anyone else seen this and know why that happens?

When we've seen it, it' because the ship is sold out and then reappears when cabins open back up, usually close to final payment.  Occasionally, they'll pull them to make a change to something.

You also called them about JS availability according to your other thread.  Same call or different ones?  Just wondering about wait times.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BND said:

When we've seen it, it' because the ship is sold out and then reappears when cabins open back up, usually close to final payment.  Occasionally, they'll pull them to make a change to something.

You also called them about JS availability according to your other thread.  Same call or different ones?  Just wondering about wait times.

Different sailings. My JS post was about the Oasis. This is about the Wonder. The ship is not sold out and the C&A rep could not explain why it was available for her to book and not on the web site. She looked on the web site as well and could not find it, but confirmed she could book for me. 

12 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Different sailings. My JS post was about the Oasis. This is about the Wonder. The ship is not sold out and the C&A rep could not explain why it was available for her to book and not on the web site. She looked on the web site as well and could not find it, but confirmed she could book for me. 

I understood this was about a different ship.  My question was did you talk about both on one call or call separately?  

Also, I found it on the website.  When you search, it shows up under the April 23 itinerary where it says three sailings.  When click on the arrow, three dates show up, including April 2.  So, it's there and once again, RCI reps don't know how to use the Royal website.

image.thumb.png.017dac015a93daa26fb8e97eb5c69e47.png

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

My cruise disappeared when it was sold out and then returned back just before final payment.

Another of my cruises disappeared from the website but not from my cruise planner when it was chartered. I was notified about this one at a later time and was able to rebook another date and was price protected.

20 minutes ago, BND said:

I understood this was about a different ship.  My question was did you talk about both on one call or call separately?  

Also, I found it on the website.  When you search, it shows up under the April 23 itinerary where it says three sailings.  When click on the arrow, three dates show up, including April 2.  So, it's there and once again, RCI reps don't know how to use the Royal website.

image.thumb.png.017dac015a93daa26fb8e97eb5c69e47.png

Kudos to you. Followed your method to find it. Appreciate that.

1 hour ago, chiguypaul said:

The Wonder sails on April 2nd 2023, yet it is not online. I called C&A and they also did not see that specific sailing on the public website, but confirmed it was available and the rep was able to quote me out a room. From time-to-time, I've seen this happen where ships will not be visible and then return in search results later. Has anyone else seen this and know why that happens?

It might’ve been reserved as a charter & the charter didn’t generate enough bookings & cancelled

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

It might’ve been reserved as a charter & the charter didn’t generate enough bookings & cancelled

Did you read the entire thread?  The cruise is on the website.  I doubt it ever disappeared, but the RCI rep didn't know how to look.

Edited by BND

I've a Serenade OTS Arctic cruise from Copenhagen to Boston in 09/2023 and it's not available either.  Some speculate that it's going to be cancelled but I think it's because it's sold out.  The last I checked there were only inside cabins available and that was about 3 weeks ago.  

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I've a Serenade OTS Arctic cruise from Copenhagen to Boston in 09/2023 and it's not available either.  Some speculate that it's going to be cancelled but I think it's because it's sold out.  The last I checked there were only inside cabins available and that was about 3 weeks ago.  

My July Jewel (in two weeks) Arctic Circle cruise disappeared soon after booking it...sold out pretty fast. It showed up again a couple weeks ago as we got close to and just after final payment.